Resale Issues
Author Message
 Resale Issues

All:

I am an experienced real-time S/W engineer, but am relatively new to web
authoring for profit. I have started a web design company and have the
following question.

On my own personal home page I have does useful stuff like a news ticker,
weather magnet, Google search box, etc. For my web design company I am
putting together a demo page, and would like to attract potential clients by
offering these items as possibilities for inclusion on their own sites.
These items are, however, not for resale, and I am wondering if there is any
legal way that I can provide them, such as including them for free in the
base price for creating their site, or show them how to obtain the HTML to
be pasted into their page.

Anybody had experience with this kind of thing?

Jim Corner

Wed, 18 Aug 2004 05:13:07 GMT
 Resale Issues
Unfortunately, the answer is one of my favorite consultant weasel
words...It depends.

Specifically, it depends on the licensing of the functionality that you
want to include.  For example, I don't think that there would be a
problem with including the google bar.  But they might have some
registration requirement that needs to be met first.  If all of the
add-ins that you're talking about are free to you, they would probably
be free to your client as well. All you need to do is register them,
something that you could do on their behalf as part of your service.

Bruce Johnson
TAG Consulting
http://www.tagconsulting.com

Wed, 18 Aug 2004 05:40:25 GMT

1. Need Advice: License My Software for Resale

2. Office XP Mail Merge issue Insertdatabase issue and problems with copying a macro

3. Issue 6 and Issue 7 fanzine notes

4. BASIX Fanzine Issue 9 **NEW ISSUE** - basix09.txt (1/1)

5. Is this a DAO-VBA issue or a SQL-Query issue or ?

6. "Not a valid bookmark" timing issue - not Novell, not a sync issue

7. Issues with code

8. Break point issued during execution

9. tableDef issues

10. Switchboard Issue.

11. MDE Issue

12. URGENT MICROSOFT SUPPORT ISSUE - using ADO recordsets bound to Access .mbd Formsat runtime