IE 5 workstation won't show ActiveX
Author Message
 IE 5 workstation won't show ActiveX

I'm testing a web page with the simple MS Calendar control and a clock
thing I did.

The workstation (IE 5/Win98se) downloaded the VB6 run-time, asks if I
want to install the ActiveX control, but then just displays a little
grey bordered box, not showing the control, not producing any errors?

Also, a VBD file doesn't work, it does the save or open prompt.

This happens both on my Personal Web Server, and a Windows2000 server
with the same pages/files.  Of course on the development workstation
(that has dev studio), everything works great on both servers.   Any
ideas?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 30 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 IE 5 workstation won't show ActiveX
Can have multiple reasons, but for starters you could check on the security
settings (set them to lowest and see what happens...)

Quote:
> I'm testing a web page with the simple MS Calendar control and a clock
> thing I did.

> The workstation (IE 5/Win98se) downloaded the VB6 run-time, asks if I
> want to install the ActiveX control, but then just displays a little
> grey bordered box, not showing the control, not producing any errors?

> Also, a VBD file doesn't work, it does the save or open prompt.

> This happens both on my Personal Web Server, and a Windows2000 server
> with the same pages/files.  Of course on the development workstation
> (that has dev studio), everything works great on both servers.   Any
> ideas?

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Mon, 31 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 IE 5 workstation won't show ActiveX
Yeah, tried that, reacts the same.

Quote:
> Can have multiple reasons, but for starters you could check on the
security
> settings (set them to lowest and see what happens...)

> > I'm testing a web page with the simple MS Calendar control and a
clock
> > thing I did.

> > The workstation (IE 5/Win98se) downloaded the VB6 run-time, asks if
> > want to install the ActiveX control, but then just displays a little
> > grey bordered box, not showing the control, not producing any
errors?

> > Also, a VBD file doesn't work, it does the save or open prompt.

> > This happens both on my Personal Web Server, and a Windows2000
server
> > with the same pages/files.  Of course on the development workstation
> > (that has dev studio), everything works great on both servers.   Any
> > ideas?

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 31 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Custom ActiveX control won't show in IE browser under Windows 95 on other computers

2. ActiveX DLL won't close from IE

3. IE won't mind its own business debugging activex control

4. Help as to why my ActiveX control won't download thru IE

5. ActiveX DLL events won't fire when DLL shows Modal Form

6. HELP: ActiveX Control won't show up in Browser

7. REPOST: My Second VB Activex Document Won't Show

8. My Second VB Activex Document Won't Show

9. ActiveX Document won't show up on Client

10. I.E. 5.0 Windows Won't Close with VB6 API Code

11. ie doesn't show offline pages

12. Custom ActiveX Control Doesn't Show in Other Computer's Browsers