active X control that could accept an recordset object
Author Message
 active X control that could accept an recordset object

Dear all,

I've got a package with sample code that could do the following things in
the javascript to interact with its own ActiveX Control:
<script>
function RetrieveUser()
{

    var AfmDb        = AfmProject.Database;
    var rsWr         = AfmDb.CreateRecordset();
    var s_userid = "";
    var SqlStmt      = "select user from dual";
    var snapshot = 1;
    rsWr.Open( snapshot, SqlStmt , 4);
     if (rsWr.IsEOF == false)
          s_userid = rsWr.ColumnValueString(0);
    rsWr.close();

Quote:
}

</script>
I can see that it could return a recordset object rsWr and make query to
database, it seems to me that the AfmProject
is an ActiveX control that could connect to database automatically when
start the package which has IE plugin. AfmProject is a black box to me and I
don't know how it does that.

However, now I want to write my own Active X control embedded in web page, I
want to pass the rsWr object to my own active X control by using javascript,
how could I do that? Because it seems to me that the "Property Get" could
only used to get some parameter such as simple String, but not the whole
object. I want to use Javascript to pass the whole rsWr object to my own VB
Active X Control so I can make query to database without open up its own
connection.

Is it possible for that ? Or am I right at doing that? Or any other better
method?

Thank you.

Regards,
Ginrai

Tue, 28 Dec 2004 14:43:34 GMT

1. Form becomes active window but won't accept input with Wizard running behind it

2. Form becomes active window but won't accept input with Wizard running behind it

3. how to create active X use in web that accept param in VB

4. how to create active X use in web that accept param in VB

5. MS Active X control downloads OK but home grown Active X Control will not download

6. MS Active X control downloads OK but home grown Active X Control will not download

7. exposing a recordset of an active x control

8. DBGrid doesn't accept recordset

9. Control property that accepts other controls?

10. how to accept objects dropped from other apps in a VB app

11. How can I prevent RichTextBox to accept objects?

12. Sharing one instance of a TCP Active X Ctrl among multiple Active X data controls