INet Control in VB6 to Browse FTP site???
Author Message
 INet Control in VB6 to Browse FTP site???

I want to incorporate into a VB6 program the ability for a user to select
one of a number of FTP sites.  Then I want to open some sort of browsing
window that displays the files in that FTP directory, and allow the user to
click on one...then I want that file to be downloaded to the user's local
machine, and optionally deleted off of the FTP site.

I had no idea how to do this, but came across Microsoft's "INet Control" on
MSDN.  I have added it to my project and can implement some of the logging
on successfully, but have yet to figure out how to find and display the
files on the remote server.

Does anyone have some code for this, or some helpful hints?  Is it possible
to somehow implement this functionality via the CommonDialog control so I
can keep my interface consistent?  If no one has specific help on this,
could you point me toward another newsgroup that is more likely to prove
useful in this regard?

Thanks!

~Jason

Sun, 24 Aug 2003 02:15:32 GMT
 INet Control in VB6 to Browse FTP site???
Search the MSDN.Microsoft.com web site, there should be a number of articles
on this as it is a very popular item that ships with VS 6.

Tom

Quote:
> I want to incorporate into a VB6 program the ability for a user to select
> one of a number of FTP sites.  Then I want to open some sort of browsing
> window that displays the files in that FTP directory, and allow the user
> click on one...then I want that file to be downloaded to the user's local
> machine, and optionally deleted off of the FTP site.

> I had no idea how to do this, but came across Microsoft's "INet Control"
on
> MSDN.  I have added it to my project and can implement some of the logging
> on successfully, but have yet to figure out how to find and display the
> files on the remote server.

> Does anyone have some code for this, or some helpful hints?  Is it
possible
> to somehow implement this functionality via the CommonDialog control so I
> can keep my interface consistent?  If no one has specific help on this,
> could you point me toward another newsgroup that is more likely to prove
> useful in this regard?

> Thanks!

> ~Jason

Sun, 24 Aug 2003 04:14:16 GMT
 INet Control in VB6 to Browse FTP site???
Hi

Try and search for ftp.exe  in microsoft.com. This programme is a free
download.

good luck

Quote:
> I want to incorporate into a VB6 program the ability for a user to select
> one of a number of FTP sites.  Then I want to open some sort of browsing
> window that displays the files in that FTP directory, and allow the user
> click on one...then I want that file to be downloaded to the user's local
> machine, and optionally deleted off of the FTP site.

> I had no idea how to do this, but came across Microsoft's "INet Control"
on
> MSDN.  I have added it to my project and can implement some of the logging
> on successfully, but have yet to figure out how to find and display the
> files on the remote server.

> Does anyone have some code for this, or some helpful hints?  Is it
possible
> to somehow implement this functionality via the CommonDialog control so I
> can keep my interface consistent?  If no one has specific help on this,
> could you point me toward another newsgroup that is more likely to prove
> useful in this regard?

> Thanks!

> ~Jason

Mon, 15 Sep 2003 13:59:26 GMT

1. Inet control: FTP - GET with VB6 Enterprise

2. Inet Control: FTP - GET with VB6 Enterprise

3. INet - PUTing to an FTP site

4. Internet Transfer Control - Cannot FTP to Intranet FTP sites

5. VB6: FTP through Inet [?]

6. VB6: FTP through Inet [?]

7. VB6 and Inet with FTP

8. FTP Browse Control

9. saving XML file on a ftp site via VB6

10. Display web site directory in ListBox control using Inet

11. help ripping apart an web site (inet control possible)

12. inet control not working with site