Utility for removal of IE downloaded Active-X Controls
Author Message
 Utility for removal of IE downloaded Active-X Controls

Does anyone know of sample utility code to remove Active-X
controls that are downloaded by IE.

While IE allows you to manually remove Active-X controls
in its tools menu or by going to its downloaded folder--
you cannot programetically unregister and delete the OCX's
for the controls and have them disappear from the IE
folder.

This fuctionality is needed for two following reasons:

1-We have multiple versions of the controls for
development and production systems we would like to run
from the same PCs. We need the utility to switch
environments.

2-Sometimes IE does not download new versions of the
controls and we want to delete all controls in our system
before releasing new versions--to make sure that everyone
will get the latest version of the controls.

Thanks for your support.
Frank

Sat, 30 Oct 2004 05:51:04 GMT

1. MS Active X control downloads OK but home grown Active X Control will not download

2. MS Active X control downloads OK but home grown Active X Control will not download

3. Help as to why my ActiveX control won't download thru IE

4. application removal utility

5. Active X controls not working in IE 5.5 but works in IE 6.0

6. Problem Downloading ActiveX Document - IE 4.0 Security Settings ?

7. Download ActiveX with IE 3.00

8. IE control and auto download?

9. using inet transfer control to download to ie cache

10. IE 3.02 wont display downloaded CAB control

11. I.E. 3 ActiveX container extender properties

12. I.E. 3 ActiveX container extender properties