For all those using VB6 & SP5 and ActiveX Controls
Author Message
 For all those using VB6 & SP5 and ActiveX Controls

Hi Everyone,
I had quite a lot of ActiveX controls that I use on my Intranet projects. This was created using VB with SP4. Sometime
back I installled SP 5 for Visual Studio Enterprise Edition  on my machine. The controls seemed to work normally on my
machine but when I deployed the controls on a web server after creating an updated setup kit,  it refused to download on
any of the client machine although the controls were digitally signed. This was on Windows 2000 boxes. After much trial
and thought I recompiled and deployed the same code from a Windows NT box with Visual Studio SP 4.0. Now everything
seems to work normally. I can see the web pages loading on the Windows 98/NT/WIN2K boxes. I think something could be
wrong with SP5. If any of you are running into this problem try this solution and please post your updated results here.
I'm researching on this problem. If any of you can find a solution for this kindly let me know.

Thanks and Regards

Trevor Benedict R
Software Consultant
Western Digital Malaysia Sdn Bhd

Sat, 03 Apr 2004 16:52:43 GMT

1. For all those using VB6 & SP5 and ActiveX Controls

2. For all those using VB6 & SP5 and ActiveX Controls

3. For all those using VB6 & SP5 and ActiveX Controls

4. VB6 (SP5) & Finding Control Occurrences

5. VB6 SP5 not compatible with pre SP5???

6. WinXP & VB6 (sp5) compatibility

7. VB6 SP5 & Crystal 4.6

8. VB6 SP5 & Crystal 4.6

9. Using Word97 from VB6, an SP5-induced error?

10. Saving a document to SQL using VB6 (SP5)

11. Using Data Project in VB6 sp5

12. Bug in VB6 (SP5) with MAPI/OE Control/Api