encapsulating functionality for financial application
Author Message
 encapsulating functionality for financial application

I would like to write classes that will encapsulate functionality for a
financial application.  The application will require reading and writing
data to a database, and generate reports as xls or pdf files.

I would like to use VB.net to encapsulate the code as an API.

I would like the API to be used:

1. as part of the back end of an web application
2. as part of a desktop application
3. sold to third parties to be encapsulated in their code.

Does VB.net seem like the best and most logical development environment to
do this?

Fri, 13 May 2005 15:25:12 GMT
 encapsulating functionality for financial application

Quote:
> I would like to write classes that will encapsulate functionality for a
> financial application.  The application will require reading and writing
> data to a database, and generate reports as xls or pdf files.

> I would like to use VB.net to encapsulate the code as an API.

> I would like the API to be used:

> 1. as part of the back end of an web application
> 2. as part of a desktop application
> 3. sold to third parties to be encapsulated in their code.

> Does VB.net seem like the best and most logical development environment to
> do this?

You should re-post this in a VB.NET newsgroup such as
microsoft.public.dotnet.language.vb.* since this is a VB (Classic) group
which is what most of the developers here will be using.
Hope this helps,

    Mike

 -- EDais --

 - Microsoft Visual Basic MVP -
WWW: Http://EDais.earlsoft.co.uk/

Fri, 13 May 2005 20:49:08 GMT

1. Excel Financial Financial calling in VB

2. Encapsulate a VB application over internet

3. ZOOM - A VB4/Access7 Shareware Application - Personal Financial Manager for Win95

4. best format used for financial application

5. Application deployment functionality

6. Adding Menu Functionality to 3rd party applications!

7. Adding Menu Functionality to 3rd party applications!

8. Adding Menu Functionality to 3rd party applications!

9. How do you encapsulate a Microsoft Access menu command to modify its behavior

10. encapsulating a user form in the word workspace

11. DB functions encapsulated in a class

12. Encapsulated PostScript