ASP DLL problem
Author Message
 ASP DLL problem

here's my general problem.  I've got a top level COM object for a web app
that serves as a dispatcher to a Business Services layer COM object (which
calls a business object, etc...).  for one of my features, I want to allow
an export (time consuming) function -- while the COM object is running, I
want it to flush the response buffer with a "loading..." message or
something to that effect.  The problem is that even when I have my COM
object grabbing the ScriptingContext object and doing something like:
aobjSC.response.flush --> still, nothing actually gets written to the screen
until the COM object has finished its fuctionality.  Why is this??  Am I
doing something wrong?  Please help.

_howard

Tue, 10 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ASP DLL problem
You are not using ASP at all in this scheme?  If you are, post back or
e-mail and I will tell you how to do this.

Quote:
> here's my general problem.  I've got a top level COM object for a web app
> that serves as a dispatcher to a Business Services layer COM object (which
> calls a business object, etc...).  for one of my features, I want to allow
> an export (time consuming) function -- while the COM object is running, I
> want it to flush the response buffer with a "loading..." message or
> something to that effect.  The problem is that even when I have my COM
> object grabbing the ScriptingContext object and doing something like:
> aobjSC.response.flush --> still, nothing actually gets written to the
screen
> until the COM object has finished its fuctionality.  Why is this??  Am I
> doing something wrong?  Please help.

> _howard

Tue, 10 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ASP DLL problem
Howard, David-

Quote:
> You are not using ASP at all in this scheme?  If you are, post back or
> e-mail and I will tell you how to do this.

So that everybody can benefit, please keep thread discussions on the
newsgroup. Thanks!

Tue, 10 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ASP DLL problem
I am using ASP only in the context of grabbing  the asp dll, and referencing the methods and objects it exposes via the ScriptingContext object -- so in a word, no.

* Sent from Devdex.com http://www.devdex.com The Web Developers Index *
The world's largest index site for Microsoft web technologies.

Tue, 10 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ASP DLL problem
I'm not sure if you have gotten an answer to your problem yet or not. I
tried several different ways of doing what you're trying to do and was
unsuccessful in all my attempts. It seems no matter what happens that all
Response.Flush calls are not executed until all the method calls of all the
objects on the page have returned. Even calling Response.Flush in the ASP
page itself wouldn't output anything.

Sorry I don't have an answer but I thought I would at least confirm the
problem.

/Bryant

Tue, 10 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB5.0, ActiveX, asp, dll problems reading Registery - Please help

2. ASP DLL problem

3. Problem to USE a DLL from ASP client !

4. problem calling ActiveX dll from VBScript in ASP

5. Problem using AXTIVEX DLL method from ASP

6. Active connection occurs problem (asp, vb dll , Oracle) but no error message to be raised

7. Problem to USE a DLL from ASP client !

8. asp, COM and dll problems

9. Server side (asp) ActiveX dll calls problem (Form open)

10. problem calling ActiveX dll from VBScript in ASP

11. ASP calling dll - permissions problem.

12. VB ActiveX DLL + SQL + ASP (Problems)