Control HTML doc from ActiveX Control
Author Message
 Control HTML doc from ActiveX Control

I'm building an application for a corporate intranet and I'm trying to use
an ActiveX Control (on a web page) to load registry settings from the
client.  The idea is to reorganize the web page to match previously stored
settings (because this application has a vb interface as well these settings
apply to both).

I can handle loading the registry settings but I am having some trouble
creating a reference to the page the control resides on and controlling it.

If anyone has some tips, suggestions or links to websites with tutorials, I
would appreciate the help.

Travis Butynski

Sun, 06 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Control HTML doc from ActiveX Control

I might be wrong but have you tried something like:

Dim htmlDoc as HTLMDocument
set htmlDoc = usercontrol.parent.parent

I haven't done much work with ActiveX Controls but this works with ActiveX
Docs. Good Luck.
JRB

Quote:
> I'm building an application for a corporate intranet and I'm trying to use
> an ActiveX Control (on a web page) to load registry settings from the
> client.  The idea is to reorganize the web page to match previously stored
> settings (because this application has a vb interface as well these
settings
> apply to both).

> I can handle loading the registry settings but I am having some trouble
> creating a reference to the page the control resides on and controlling
it.

> If anyone has some tips, suggestions or links to websites with tutorials,
> would appreciate the help.

> Travis Butynski

Sun, 06 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Control HTML doc from ActiveX Control

2. HELP WITH ACTIVEX CONTROLS AND ACTIVEX DOC

3. HELP WITH ACTIVEX CONTROLS AND ACTIVEX DOC

4. HELP WITH ACTIVEX CONTROLS AND ACTIVEX DOC

5. Load and Parse HTML Doc without WebBrowser Control

6. WebBrowser control browsing to an Anchor in an HTML doc

7. making a vb5 control open a html doc in ie3

8. making a vb5 control open a html doc in ie3

9. ActiveX Doc DLL vs ActiveX Doc EXE

10. ActiveX doc calling another ActiveX doc in Internet Explorer

11. GetObject() crashes when loading a word doc containing an ActiveX control

12. ActiveX controls scrolling with page in Word Doc