Calling VB Dll through ASP on IIS 5.0
Author Message
 Calling VB Dll through ASP on IIS 5.0

Hi
I have created DLL in VB6.0. The DLL is created successfully & can be
called from VB application, which works fine. The same DLL works fine
in ASP on IIS 4.0.
The development platform used was Windows NT 4.0 & Option Pack 4.0.

The Same DLL works well when called from VB application on Windows
2000 server.
But the problem arrives when i call the same DLL through ASP (Under
IIS 5.0) on Windows 2000 server. In this case the object instance is
created, but fails when calling its methods. The ASP doesn't return
any error message, but one of the methods doesn't function, as it
should be.
Is there any compatibility issues in case of IIS 4 & IIS 5 or any
configuration that needs to be done to IIS 5.

Fri, 14 Jan 2005 13:48:00 GMT
 Calling VB Dll through ASP on IIS 5.0
could be a permissions isue - check the ACLs on all files involved, and
if you can, try compiling it on win2k too. and have you got SP5 applied
to your copy of Visual Basic?

function String.prototype.r(){// Javascript rot13 en/decipherment. run
me for Atrax's signature
        var a='nopqrstuvwxyz';var b='abcdefghijklm';var j='/:.'+a+b;var
k='/:.'+b+a;var l='';
        for(var
x=0;x<this.length;x++){l+=k.charAt(j.indexOf(this.charAt(x)));}return l;

Quote:
}       alert("uggc://jjj.ernqgurshpxvatznahny.pb.hx/".r()); // Atrax, MVP

2002.

Sat, 15 Jan 2005 08:09:28 GMT
 Calling VB Dll through ASP on IIS 5.0
Thanks
I compiled the VB DLL on win 2K m/c and also installed SP5, (not VB
copy) but full version. But failed to get any success.
Do u have any more uggestions.

Tue, 18 Jan 2005 16:38:37 GMT
 Calling VB Dll through ASP on IIS 5.0
OH GUSH,

this problem is killing me too!! I have this problem too.
In debug mode it works! but as soon as I register the DLL
same happens to me. In my DLL I return Collection in some
cases, those pages that uses collection returning Erro
message: Object variable or with block not set!!!!

It's all about Security but how we can fix it I have no
idea. I can get it running but it's not a good solution.
If you remove Anonymous Access in IIS it will work! But I
am sure you do not want to remove Ananymous Access when
you deploy your applicaton, do you?

Ok, I have been trying to solve this problem, I'll be
checking this thread more often if you find anything would

If I found anything I'll add it to this thread as well.

Hope we can find something,

Matt.

Quote:

Wed, 19 Jan 2005 03:21:02 GMT

1. VB 5.0 calling C++ 5.0 DLL that calls winsock.dll

2. Debug VB DLL (Design Mode) with ASP/IIS 5.0

3. Debug VB DLL (Design Mode) with ASP/IIS 5.0

4. What happened to Data Type Coercion in ASP IIS 5.0/VBScript 5.0

5. Problem calling DLL writen in VC 5.0 from VB 5.0

6. VB 5.0 calling C++ 5.0 DLLs

7. VB 5.0 calling C++ 5.0 DLLs

8. Problem calling DLL writen in VC 5.0 from VB 5.0

9. VB 5.0 calling C++ 5.0 DLLs

10. Problem calling DLL writen in VC 5.0 from VB 5.0

11. Problem calling DLL writen in VC 5.0 from VB 5.0

12. VB 6.0 DLL wont work in IIS 5.0?