Netscape instead of IEXPLORER
Author Message
 Netscape instead of IEXPLORER

Hi all,
I am developing IIS-Applications under VB6. By pressing F5 in the
development environment, VB launches the IEXPLORER. Is there a way to
configure VB to launch another browser (Netscape e.g.) ?
Thanks for your help.
Juergen

Fri, 15 Aug 2003 01:10:47 GMT
 Netscape instead of IEXPLORER
I assume that the default browser; try and change that.  Otherwise, run the
program, copy the address in IE, open up a Netscape browser and paste the
address into the browser.  Bookmark it afterward.  As long as the dll is
there or VB is running you can use Netsape; it's just like going to any
other web page.

Quote:
> Hi all,
> I am developing IIS-Applications under VB6. By pressing F5 in the
> development environment, VB launches the IEXPLORER. Is there a way to
> configure VB to launch another browser (Netscape e.g.) ?
> Thanks for your help.
> Juergen

Fri, 15 Aug 2003 05:54:04 GMT
 Netscape instead of IEXPLORER

FYI-This is one solution:

Go to My Computer
Go to View
Go To Folder Options
Go To Files Types
Change the HTML Document (GIF, etc.) to Netscape.exe

I remember reading that there was another way to do it, probably cleaner, but don't know where to reference it.

HTH

  Hi Eric,
  thanks for your reply. On my system there is no IE installed at all (I am working at a bank who disabled everything
  regarding IE). So when I press F5 I get an error message. However I can launch Netscape and enter the URL in there and
  that works. By the way. How can I change the default browser ?
  Juergen

  Eric Fortin schrieb:

    I assume that the default browser; try and change that.  Otherwise, run the
    program, copy the address in IE, open up a Netscape browser and paste the
    address into the browser.  Bookmark it afterward.  As long as the dll is
    there or VB is running you can use Netsape; it's just like going to any
    other web page.

    > Hi all,
    > I am developing IIS-Applications under VB6. By pressing F5 in the
    > development environment, VB launches the IEXPLORER. Is there a way to
    > configure VB to launch another browser (Netscape e.g.) ?
    > Thanks for your help.
    > Juergen

Fri, 15 Aug 2003 22:15:37 GMT
 Netscape instead of IEXPLORER
Both Explorer and Navigator have an option to determine the default browser.
If you have this option checked, you will get a prompt like, "IE is not
currently not your default browser... would you like it to be? (Y/N)".  In
IE, this option is under Tools | Internet Options, on the "Programs" tab:
"Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the default browser".
I'm not sure exactly where this option is in Netscape.  Anyway, if you
select this option, then close and re-open that browser, if that browser is
NOT the default you should get the prompt allowing you make it the default.

Tue, 26 Aug 2003 18:37:09 GMT

1. How can i save html page of iexplorer(or netscape)

2. ActiveX in Netscape / ActiveX en Netscape

3. Activate Netscape, call Netscape "New Message"?

4. Flag for IExplorer to navigate to doc-file

5. dde and iexplorer

6. Printer Object from IExplorer

7. Q: Analog of DoEvents in iexplorer's VBScript

8. problems with VBS in MS IExplorer on McIntosh

9. MS Word to grab data from MS IExplorer (5.5)

10. Register my VB-Prog as IExplorer 5.0 - Plugin???

11. How to run document active X from IExplorer

12. Read (Iexplorer) favorites into a new menu?