cookies
Author Message
 cookies

I was wondering how to test to see if the user will allow me to write
cookies, mainly since the page i'm running rewuires that use of cookies.
Any advice would help, thanks.

Tue, 14 Oct 2003 02:46:54 GMT
 cookies
You could use the browsecap component, but why waste your time with a
maintenance hog like that. Just do this, write a cookie, then try to read it
right back, if you can read the cookie you just wrote then cookies work, if
not then they have them turned off. You could make on function do it like
so:

function testCookie()
    dim readCookie
    'writecookie
    'attempt to read cookie
    if not len(readCookie)=0 then
        testCookie=false
    else
        testCookie=true
    end if
end function
--

Brian Brackeen

"Clones are people two ... "
http://www.vbcoder.com
Phone: 972.877.8611
Fax: 877.540.6349

Quote:
> I was wondering how to test to see if the user will allow me to write
> cookies, mainly since the page i'm running rewuires that use of cookies.
> Any advice would help, thanks.

Tue, 14 Oct 2003 09:33:15 GMT

1. IIS 5.1 (Win XP) Setting Cookies via Response.Cookies collection problem

2. Cookie problems: Writing to cookie isn't changing anything

3. Checking for Cookie Enabled Browsers w/o persistant cookies

4. Cookies - VB Reading Cookies Created by JavaScript

5. problem with cookies("cookies").path

6. newbie: Request.Cookies as a parameter by reference?

7. HttpWebRequest & Session Cookies

8. Cookies Keys

9. Problems With Cookies In ASP.NET/VB.NET

10. WebClient.DownloadFile ignores my IE cookies

11. Downloading html page using IE cookies

12. Maintain Session Cookies with HttpWebRequest