Unexpected Method or Property Access Error
Author Message
 Unexpected Method or Property Access Error

Subject: Unexpected Method or Property Access Error
Date: Sunday, January 13, 2002 11:02 AM

I am attempting to load an option select with additional values passed to
the client side from a server side database. Below is an excerpt of the
source code delivered to the client's browser. I receive an error "0"
description "Unexpected Method or Property Access  in line 51 character 8".
I am at a loss, my script seems compliant with the example given in the
Microsoft Script Editor Help, Topic "AppendChild" "Element '<SELECT>' is in
the Applies to list in the help topic. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Aaron--

      <input type="text" name="RecordID" disabled="True" size="21" value= 0
      <input type="text" name="Name" disabled="True" size="20" value=
Norfolk>
      <select size="1" name="CurrentZips">
      <option selected value="0">Add New Zip</option>
      </select></td>
    <Script name="OptionsLoad" language="VBScript">
      Option Explicit
      Dim OptsLoaded
      Sub CurrentZips_OnMouseOver()
      If OptsLoaded = True Then Exit Sub
      'On Error Resume Next
      Dim OptionValues, incr, NewElement
      OptionValues = Split(ZipList.Value,Delimiter.Value)
      For incr = 0 to ubound(OptionValues)
       Set NewElement = Document.CreateElement("Option")
       NewElement.Value = OptionValues(incr)
       NewElement.InnerText = OptionValues(incr)
       ZipList.AppendChild NewElement
      Next
      If Err.Number Then
       Err.Clear
      Else
       OptsLoaded = True
      End If
      End Sub
    </Script>
    <input type="hidden" name="ZipList" value= 23505,23518>
    <input type="hidden" name="Delimiter" value= , >

</tbody>

Fri, 02 Jul 2004 19:35:38 GMT
 Unexpected Method or Property Access Error
See if this sample will shed more light.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/dh...

HTH

--
Trevor Benedict R
Microsoft Certified Professional

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 10:20:49 GMT
 Unexpected Method or Property Access Error
Err....No., First of all its in JAVA second of all it relates to
acompletely different tag, the line item tag. Applies to list says it
works with <Select>, however, the browsers disagree. My initial attempts
modified the select by using innerhtml on the select tag, I took what
was already there an added to it, this did successfully modify the drop
list box, but in a destructive way. Source view revealed the changes,
but the browser re-rendered the control empty and void of options. I
guess I will have to use the innerhtml method, alter the document
grapple the whole source and use document.write and reissue the page on
the client side.

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 19:45:55 GMT

1. Unexpected Error while setting picture property of Picturebox?

2. 50003 Unexpected error, totaly unexpected, but why?

3. Compile error: Automation error, Error 32811: Unexpected error

4. MS Access Problem: unexpected error (40230)

5. Error 405(Method not allowed) error in using webclient.uploadfile method

6. Error 5918 - The property or method is not available on this system

7. Retreiving property results in Method failed error.

8. method or property not available (Error 4605)

9. ASP Error on Session.Contents : Object doesn't support this property or method

10. Error - Object does not support this property or method

11. Object Doesn't Support Property or Method error Please help

12. Error 438 - Object doesn't support this property or method