URL Question
Author Message
 URL Question

Sometimes I see this on a URL:
"     http://www.*-*-*.com/ ?xyz"
What is this format and what is the question mark for. Are we passing
commandline arguments to this dll or what.

Please explain.How can we achieve this in VB

Thanks

SS

Tue, 16 Dec 2003 23:13:07 GMT
 URL Question
If I remember right
http://www.abc.dll refers to the www page that has frames and the page name
after ? char
is the page to be loaded to the main frame.

Yes
I have a example page om my domain:
http://www.benchmarking.fi/benchenglish/index.htm?../developmentfitne...
ort/index.htm

First page reference is main page(index.htm) with 2 frames (left and right
frame). I have defined default page for both of frames.
When using ? char then refer a page I overwrite the right frame default
page.

T: Riku

> Sometimes I see this on a URL:
> "    http://www.abc.dll?xyz"
> What is this format and what is the question mark for. Are we passing
> commandline arguments to this dll or what.

> Please explain.How can we achieve this in VB

> Thanks

> SS

Tue, 16 Dec 2003 23:46:40 GMT
 URL Question
PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME!

> Sometimes I see this on a URL:
> "    http://www.abc.dll?xyz"
> What is this format and what is the question mark for. Are we passing
> commandline arguments to this dll or what.

> Please explain.How can we achieve this in VB

> Thanks

> SS

Tue, 16 Dec 2003 23:50:59 GMT
 URL Question
the ? simply passes a name/value pair to the browser which can then be
accessed by script in the page
eg: the url /products.asp?id=10 passes the value '10' to the name 'id' which
can be accessed in the page like so:

strProduct = Request.QueryString("id")

jason

Quote:
> If I remember right
> http://www.abc.dll refers to the www page that has frames and the page
name
> after ? char
> is the page to be loaded to the main frame.

> Yes
> I have a example page om my domain:

http://www.benchmarking.fi/benchenglish/index.htm?../developmentfitne...
Quote:
> ort/index.htm

> First page reference is main page(index.htm) with 2 frames (left and right
> frame). I have defined default page for both of frames.
> When using ? char then refer a page I overwrite the right frame default
> page.

> T: Riku

> --

> > Sometimes I see this on a URL:
> > "    http://www.abc.dll?xyz"
> > What is this format and what is the question mark for. Are we passing
> > commandline arguments to this dll or what.

> > Please explain.How can we achieve this in VB

> > Thanks

> > SS

Mon, 22 Dec 2003 12:54:13 GMT

1. Favorite Url question...

2. windo.open..url question

3. URL question

4. how to use url.Encode for NS problem w/ params in URL

5. URL, Getting the url using asp

6. Navigate an URL and get URL result in COM object

7. Invalid URL form or fully-qualified absolute URL was used

8. Bookmarked URL Works, Saved URL String Doesn't

9. Extract URL Links from Page, Navigate to these URL's and Extract E-Mail

10. Finding URL from a .url file

11. Clarification of question: How do I determine current URL from an external file/program

12. IE Bar Quick Question: Window URL Location