find the number position in the string
Author Message
 find the number position in the string

Hey
use this:
    Public Function GetNumberPos(strString as string) as long
        Dim i as Long
        For i = 1 to len(strString)
            if IsNumeric(Mid$(strString,i,1)) then
                GetNumberPos = i
                Exit Function
            end if
        next i
    end function

hope it helps ;) enjoy programming!!
Dennis Fisch

Hi,
Can anybody help me write a function that find the position of thenumber
character in a string.

1.  "teix12dfkd"
2.  "dex543"
1. the position shld b "5" counting from left
2. the position shld b "4"
thanks
Charles

Mon, 09 May 2005 23:34:18 GMT

1. find the number position in the string

2. Find position of a String within text

3. Finding strings where Position <> 0

4. finding phone numbers in strings

5. finding a variable number of substrings in a string

6. Replace one occurence of string within string at certain position

7. string replace with wildcard number of spaces between strings - removing blank lines

8. converting a string to a long (string contains a Hex number)

9. Adding a string and number together to form a string

10. HELP! Finding a string in a larger string

11. Without using Select method, how can I get the position information of a found string with Find object?

12. Without using Select method, how can I get the position information of a found string with Find object?