CGI Error - The specified CGI application misbehaved ...
Author Message
 CGI Error - The specified CGI application misbehaved ...

i use iis4.0 , vb6 to write a cgi .
it occurs,

CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of
HTTP headers. The headers it did
return are:

can anyone help me ? this is my final year project!! thx

Tue, 26 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 CGI Error - The specified CGI application misbehaved ...
It's telling you the truth.  Check the documentation and you'll find the
headers that must be included for a proper cgi response.  Also, don't forget
to terminate the headers with a blank line.

Ken

Quote:

>i use iis4.0 , vb6 to write a cgi .
>it occurs,

>CGI Error
>The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of
>HTTP headers. The headers it did
>return are:

>can anyone help me ? this is my final year project!! thx

Tue, 26 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 CGI Error - The specified CGI application misbehaved ...
I'm assuming that you already have the VB routines required to write to
standard out (STDOUT).

You need to send the following string to the browser prior to any other
text:

Of course this header is only valid for text and html.  There are many other
headers that can be sent depending on what type of data you wish to send to
the browser.

Check the following reference for a good VB CGI tool:

Although you may not have this option I have to say that you really want to
be running IIS 4.0 and using Active Server Pages on win32 systems.  ASP
offers everything that CGI does and a whole lot more.  Not to mention it
offers a much easier and more flexible programming model.

Hope this helps
Rob

Quote:

>i use iis4.0 , vb6 to write a cgi .
>it occurs,

>CGI Error
>The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of
>HTTP headers. The headers it did
>return are:

>can anyone help me ? this is my final year project!! thx

Tue, 26 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 CGI Error - The specified CGI application misbehaved ...
??  What "VB routines to write to standard out (STDOUT)" ?  I'm not aware of
any.  But I'd sure like to know if they exist.

Ken

Quote:

>I'm assuming that you already have the VB routines required to write to
>standard out (STDOUT).

>You need to send the following string to the browser prior to any other
>text:

>Of course this header is only valid for text and html.  There are many other
>headers that can be sent depending on what type of data you wish to send to
>the browser.

>Check the following reference for a good VB CGI tool:

>Although you may not have this option I have to say that you really want to
>be running IIS 4.0 and using Active Server Pages on win32 systems.  ASP
>offers everything that CGI does and a whole lot more.  Not to mention it
>offers a much easier and more flexible programming model.

>Hope this helps
>Rob

>>i use iis4.0 , vb6 to write a cgi .
>>it occurs,

>>CGI Error
>>The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of
>>HTTP headers. The headers it did
>>return are:

>>can anyone help me ? this is my final year project!! thx

Tue, 26 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 CGI Error - The specified CGI application misbehaved ...
Check out the CGI4VB which I spoke of earlier, it has a routine called send
which takes care of sending data to the browser.

Rob

Wed, 27 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 CGI Error - The specified CGI application misbehaved ...
I'm getting the same error on one machine but did not on two other
machine!!  So I'm guessing it's a problem with the config in the first
machine.
Quote:

>i use iis4.0 , vb6 to write a cgi .
>it occurs,

>CGI Error
>The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of
>HTTP headers. The headers it did
>return are:

>can anyone help me ? this is my final year project!! thx

Fri, 29 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. CGI Error - The specified CGI application misbehaved ...

2. CGI Error - The specified CGI application misbehaved ...

3. CGI Error - The specified CGI application misbehaved ...

4. Error message: CGI application misbehaved

5. Any VB3.0 CGI example besides CGI.BAS (Bob Denny)

6. Distributing Application via Http Returns CGI Error.

7. Application Error of VB CGI

8. VBasic application that talk to CGI-BIN WEB application on Internet

9. VBasic application that talk to CGI-BIN WEB application on Internet

10. VBasic application that talk to CGI-BIN WEB application on Internet

11. VB and Access CGI Applications

12. VB / ACCESS CGI Applications