How do I refresh - newbie question
Author Message
 How do I refresh - newbie question

I have written an ASP script that runs a DOS program to access an older
database.  The DOS program works fine and creates a text file with the
results based on the Product Number the user types in the ASP page.

I display a text file created by the DOS program in another page and life
seems good.

When I do a second query it returns the same product, however if I hit
refresh on the browser it displays the correct product.

I tried setting Reponse.expires=0 but it still does the same thing.  I even
had the DOS program create the ASP page but it still seems to cache the old
version.

Is there any way to turn off the cache? or force a reload, or refresh the
page using ASP?

I am lost... any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thu, 12 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Newbie Question Anchoring Fields to each other (Can this Be done)

2. accessing refreshed data-newbie question

3. Refresh/Requery don't seem to work while doing file I/O

4. Type Mismatch Error when doing a Data1.Refresh

5. Newbie: What am I doing wrong?

6. Newbie : Can this be done

7. Questions about refreshing datas (VB6+ADO+SQLSERVER2000) - please help (Newb question)

8. Questions about refreshing datas (VB6+ADO+SQLSERVER2000) - please help (Newb question)

9. (newbie) ADO bound controls not refreshing

10. NEWBIE: Refreshing a Datagrid

11. NEWBIE: Refreshing a Datagrid

12. Newbie Datagrid Refresh ?