how to Get the all of the MX records from the DNS
Author Message
 how to Get the all of the MX records from the DNS

Hello mister I am programing a emailer component
for sending mail without a smtp server
i see this step in a news mail

  1 Split the mails into domains if it contains more than one recipient
      For every domain do the following
   2 Get the all of the MX records from the DNS
   3 Look up the IP of the server and connect to it
   4 Send hello, mail from, rcpt to and data
   5 Send quit

I resolve the 3,4,5 step by now my problem is

Get the all of the MX records from the DNS

How can do it you have some samples in VB or VC

Sun, 09 May 2004 05:43:10 GMT
 how to Get the all of the MX records from the DNS
You'll need some form of nslookup object, or a raw sockets component and
send the correct DNS commands.  However, isn't it a little unnecessary?  Why
don't you just connect to the provided SMTP server?  It is so much better
than reinventing the wheel.

Quote:
> Hello mister I am programing a emailer component
> for sending mail without a smtp server
> i see this step in a news mail

>   1 Split the mails into domains if it contains more than one recipient
>       For every domain do the following
>    2 Get the all of the MX records from the DNS
>    3 Look up the IP of the server and connect to it
>    4 Send hello, mail from, rcpt to and data
>    5 Send quit

> I resolve the 3,4,5 step by now my problem is

> Get the all of the MX records from the DNS

> How can do it you have some samples in VB or VC

Sun, 09 May 2004 17:46:49 GMT
 how to Get the all of the MX records from the DNS

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 how to Get the all of the MX records from the DNS
I found a example in code guru Simple DNS Resolver v1.3
thanks,

But do you know how to send correct DNS commands to a server

Mon, 10 May 2004 01:19:42 GMT

1. REQ: Help with DNS query for MX records (DNSQuery)

2. DNS MX-record query

3. snipits showing how to get MX record from DNS server

4. DNS lookup for MX records

5. DNS MX-records

6. Get MX Records from a DNS

7. DNS MX records

8. DNS MX-record query

9. Query DNS (MX records) without CDO --

10. DNS lookup MX records

11. DNS server/MX record

12. DNS lookup for MX records