web mail programming
Author Message
 web mail programming

I'ld appreciate any help in programming a simple web page for checking
emails online.
Thanks
Billy

Sat, 14 Aug 2004 07:38:30 GMT
 web mail programming
Really depends on what your definition of 'check emails' is.  If you're
trying to determine if an entry COULD be a valid email, then I would
suggest using the Regular Expression (RegExp object) that is part of
WScript.  If you're trying to determine whether an entry IS a valid
email, that's a little more difficult.  There are some third party
controls that will let you validate an email by making a request for an
MX record from the appropriate DNS server (www.serverobjects.com has
one, I believe).  However there are a number of domains (notably AOL)
that doesn't allow you to validate emails that way.  So ultimately,
there is no absolute way to make sure that an email address really
exists.

Bruce Johnson
TAG Consulting
http://www.tagconsulting.com

Sat, 14 Aug 2004 14:50:02 GMT
 web mail programming
I thank all who have already tried, and who are yet to try, to respond
to my inquiry.

I'm sorry that the phrase "check email" didn't make my request clear.
What I want is to be able to program a web page on a web site, where
visitors or members could enter their username and password, and be able
to 'receive and send' their emails, particularly when they are away from
their own personal computers.

I am a new webmaster using Frontpage 2002, and therefore do host on a
server that supports FP extensions.
I am not a script writer yet, whether in vbs, js, etc., but do my best
at making the very minor changes needed to adapt a script like changing
a 'dummyname or variable' to the one I want to use.

I hope my request has become a bit clearer.  Thanks.
 - Billy Boy

Sun, 15 Aug 2004 00:06:18 GMT

1. web mail programming

2. web mail programming

3. web mail programming

4. URGENT-Required: good web-mail interface for Exchange 5.5 like hotmail/yahoo mail

5. e-mail using the server instead of client e-mail program

6. Convert your .exe programs to Web Page programs (News 1023)

7. Problem reading web mail using MAPI.

8. Forms for Web E-Mail

9. access my mail threw the outlook website via the web

10. Forms for Web E-Mail

11. Running Mail Merge from Web Server

12. Fax, e-mail and web solution using Word 2000