reading/writing to Registry from ASP via dll
Author Message
 reading/writing to Registry from ASP via dll

Hi, I've created a real simple ActiveX dll in VB6 that exposes 2 public
methods, one that reads a registry setting, and one that updates a
registry setting.  Using it via another VB application, it works fine.
However, I'm trying to use it on an ASP page and it no longer will read
from or write to the registry.  The control loads correctly, and test
methods added to the dll that return a constant function properly, but
the methods that hit the registry do not return any values.  Is there
some sort of special consideration to be taken when doing this?  The dll
project is set for multi use, in ASP I'm simply doing a
server.createobject to get an instance of the class.  Any help is
appreciated, thanks!
Reponses via email to

here would, too.  Thanks again!

Sat, 13 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 reading/writing to Registry from ASP via dll
Hi,

The problem is probably that the IUSR_MACHINE user does not
have sufficient permissions to access the registry keys.

Check out MSDN articles such as "ASP Troubleshooting Tips
and Techniques" for more info.

Regards,

    /Olof

Quote:
> Hi, I've created a real simple ActiveX dll in VB6 that exposes 2
public
> methods, one that reads a registry setting, and one that updates a
> registry setting.  Using it via another VB application, it works fine.
> However, I'm trying to use it on an ASP page and it no longer will
read
> from or write to the registry.  The control loads correctly, and test
> methods added to the dll that return a constant function properly, but
> the methods that hit the registry do not return any values.  Is there
> some sort of special consideration to be taken when doing this?  The
dll
> project is set for multi use, in ASP I'm simply doing a
> server.createobject to get an instance of the class.  Any help is
> appreciated, thanks!
> Reponses via email to

reply
> here would, too.  Thanks again!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 14 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Read data from DB, write to registry via VBscript

2. Read/write registry key using .asp or .hta

3. Writing a VBS file which reads and writes to the registry

4. Writing to the Registry via API -- HELP!

5. Reading registry via VBScript

6. writing null values to Access DB via ASP

7. writing HTML form content to Microsoft Outlook via VB in ASP page

8. reading and writing to the registry

9. Reading & writing the registry

10. Class to Read/Write any Registry key

11. How I read/write on registry with VBA?

12. Read or Write to Registry