I.E. History Folder
Author Message
 I.E. History Folder

Scripters,

WSH 2/Beta2, Win95 Osr2 , IE4.01sp2

Among the "Special Folders" is Favorites. Why would
the IE History folder be any different?

C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP
C:\WINDOWS\Application Data
C:\WINDOWS\PrintHood
C:\WINDOWS\ShellNew
C:\WINDOWS\FONTS
C:\WINDOWS\NetHood
C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP
C:\WINDOWS\Start Menu
C:\WINDOWS\SendTo
C:\WINDOWS\Recent
C:\WINDOWS\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp
C:\WINDOWS\Favorites                <-----------------
C:\My Documents
C:\WINDOWS\Start Menu\Programs

Its been a while, but I have seen VB5 code to access the cache
and history folders " the old-fashioned way". Has anyone found a
way to do it with WSH Script?

TIA,
        M A R K

Thu, 27 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 I.E. History Folder
Probably because you can put any kind of shortcut there, not just URL
shortcuts...  IE can display the contents of file system folders and many
native file types (text files, Office documents) as well as web pages.
There are probably lots of different folders that you could make an argument
for treatment as "special".

--
Michael Harris

| Scripters,
|
| WSH 2/Beta2, Win95 Osr2 , IE4.01sp2
|
| Among the "Special Folders" is Favorites. Why would
| the IE History folder be any different?
|
| C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP
| C:\WINDOWS\Application Data
| C:\WINDOWS\PrintHood
| C:\WINDOWS\ShellNew
| C:\WINDOWS\FONTS
| C:\WINDOWS\NetHood
| C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP
| C:\WINDOWS\Start Menu
| C:\WINDOWS\SendTo
| C:\WINDOWS\Recent
| C:\WINDOWS\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp
| C:\WINDOWS\Favorites                <-----------------
| C:\My Documents
| C:\WINDOWS\Start Menu\Programs
|
| Its been a while, but I have seen VB5 code to access the cache
| and history folders " the old-fashioned way". Has anyone found a
| way to do it with WSH Script?
|
| TIA,
|         M A R K

Fri, 28 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 I.E. History Folder
Try this code to found History Folder:

Set oShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
MsgBox
Shell.RegRead( "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings\Url History\Directory" )

Pablo Almunia
Madrid - Spain

Mon, 31 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Clear History Folder of IE

2. The history folder

3. deleting cookies and history folders...

4. IE Back Button vs window.history.back()

5. Clear History for current IE

6. searching history that matches substring in url for IE

7. Issue with history.back() in IE

8. searching history that matches substring in url for IE

9. IE 3 History Object alternative?

10. IE 4 History Object Problem

11. Clear IE history using WSH script

12. window.history.go() in IE 5?