Clipboard Read/Write
Author Message
 Clipboard Read/Write

  Hi.

I'm working on an HTML Application and need to access the system clipboard,
primarily writing to the clipboard...

the IE 'clipboardData' Object may be a good place to start. However, I don't
have any success using the keyboard shortcuts control-v, etc...

I would like to be able to write to the clipboard, perhaps, by passing  a
variable to a function, and writing it's value to the clipboard...

Any ideas?

thanks in advance,

KZ

Wed, 29 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipboard Read/Write

I have two controls on my site that will do this.... AutoitX.dll and DGUtilities. Look in the downloads section

Clarence

Win32Scripting....
No, not that other one..... THE ORIGINAL...
http://cwashington.netreach.net

On THIS site you will find everything you need to get up and running. A script repository with over 400 FREE sample scripts, a downloads section with FREE COM objects for scripting, a library of reference materials and an online discussion lounge to provide community based technical support. Check it out.

Quote:

>   Hi.

> I'm working on an HTML Application and need to access the system clipboard,
> primarily writing to the clipboard...

> the IE 'clipboardData' Object may be a good place to start. However, I don't
> have any success using the keyboard shortcuts control-v, etc...

> I would like to be able to write to the clipboard, perhaps, by passing  a
> variable to a function, and writing it's value to the clipboard...

> Any ideas?

> thanks in advance,

> KZ

Wed, 29 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipboard Read/Write

Thanks, Clarence.
Actually, I've been snooping around your site for about a week or so...!

Thanks for the suggestion. I downloaded AutoitX and had a look. I must
admit, I'm not sure on how to register an ActiveX control.

command line:?
regsvr32.exe AutoItX.dll

I feel like I'm missing something.

Ken

Wed, 29 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipboard Read/Write
Hi Kenny,

regsvr32 path\to\AutoItX.dll

  Thorsten

Quote:
> Thanks, Clarence.
> Actually, I've been snooping around your site for about a week or so...!

> Thanks for the suggestion. I downloaded AutoitX and had a look. I must
> admit, I'm not sure on how to register an ActiveX control.

> command line:?
> regsvr32.exe AutoItX.dll

> I feel like I'm missing something.

> Ken

Wed, 29 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipboard Read/Write
Thanks for the info, Thorsten, and so quickly!

Still haven't got it.

Review:

I assume I replace  'path' in
regsvr32 path\to\AutoItX.dll
with the location of the dll.

And is "to" a part of the command or a variable like "path"?

I went with C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM after copying the file there.
Is there a recommended directory for this kind of file?

thanks again,

Ken

Wed, 29 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipboard Read/Write
OK, I think I got it, judging  by the '....Registered correctly...' message
box.

  I tried eliminating the 'to' from the command line, as I wasn't sure about
it. Does this copy or move the file to be registered to the path indicated
by 'to'? my only guess.

....and the 2 sample scripts run fine.

Very impressive.

Cool, too.

thanks,

 Ken

Wed, 29 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipboard Read/Write

OK. Clear as a bell.

Thanks again.

Ken

Wed, 29 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipboard Read/Write
Thanks Peter.
I thought I remembered something about a switch...
Interestingly, it appears to have worked fine without the ' /i '.
Sample scripts run fine...

Good eve,

Ken

Wed, 29 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipboard Read/Write

Quote:
> I assume I replace  'path' in
> regsvr32 path\to\AutoItX.dll
> with the location of the dll.

replace "path\to" with the location of the dll

with
AutoItX.dll in c:\myfiles\download
the command would be
regsvr32 c:\myfiles\download\AutoItX.dll

  Thorsten

Quote:
> Thanks for the info, Thorsten, and so quickly!

> Still haven't got it.

> Review:

> I assume I replace  'path' in
> regsvr32 path\to\AutoItX.dll
> with the location of the dll.

> And is "to" a part of the command or a variable like "path"?

> I went with C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM after copying the file there.
> Is there a recommended directory for this kind of file?

> thanks again,

> Ken

Thu, 30 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipboard Read/Write

Quote:
> regsvr32 c:\myfiles\download\AutoItX.dll

I think, it should be

regsvr32 /i c:\myfiles\download\AutoItX.dll

for installing the dll.

Pit

Thu, 30 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Clipboard Read/Write

2. Clipboard Read/Write

3. reading/writing from/to clipboard

4. Writing a VBS file which reads and writes to the registry

5. how do i write the clipboard from jscript?

6. Writing text to the clipboard with VBScript

7. Help with read image from clipboard

8. How can I Read-Write the registry from a VBScript-Procedure of an outlook-form

9. How can I Read-Write remote registry

10. An Idea to Help Make Postscript Easier to Read (and Write)

11. How to write application that reads web pages

12. read/write access to file system