Searching for files
Author Message
 Searching for files

Is there a way to invoke the "Search" dialog
programatically and return the results in the same
interface as the Search - For Files or Folders.

I'm trying to build some standard queries from inside a
WSH Script that invoke the dialog box and return the
results without using SendKeys.

Thanks.

Tim

Sun, 31 Jul 2005 07:14:38 GMT
 Searching for files

I have a cheesy Function I wrote that will do your search.
If interested, I can e-mail it to you. No fancy search GUI, just
plain old VBScript.

TDM

Quote:
> Is there a way to invoke the "Search" dialog
> programatically and return the results in the same
> interface as the Search - For Files or Folders.

> I'm trying to build some standard queries from inside a
> WSH Script that invoke the dialog box and return the
> results without using SendKeys.

> Thanks.

> Tim

Mon, 01 Aug 2005 06:17:42 GMT

1. search for files by file extension

2. Search for files before execution....

3. Searching through files

4. How do you recursively search for files??

5. Searching Large files

6. HELP: searched: device file for HP COLOR LASERJET 5

7. FSO recursive search via file size

8. Searching Text Files in ASP

9. Recursively search for files using a criteria.

10. Script to search PST files and delete old messages

11. How do I write a script to perform a search for files on a hard drive?

12. Search for PST files or any file based on extension