NT 4.0 Event Log management from WSH
Author Message
 NT 4.0 Event Log management from WSH

Hi Folks,

    Is there a way to script NT 4.0 event log achiving and clearing? Could
someone point me to docs or examples?

Thanks,

-- Pierre Minnis

Tue, 02 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 NT 4.0 Event Log management from WSH
Hi Pierre,

 look above in this group to my answer to "Automated Event Logs".

Best regards,
Manfred Braun

(Private)
Lange Roetterstrasse 7
D68167 Mannheim
Germany

(Remove the anti-spam-underscore to mail me!)

Quote:
> Hi Folks,

>     Is there a way to script NT 4.0 event log achiving and clearing? Could
> someone point me to docs or examples?

> Thanks,

> -- Pierre Minnis

Tue, 02 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 NT 4.0 Event Log management from WSH
I like to use the dumpel.exe utility that ships with the NT Resource Kit.
It's not as elegant as Manfred's example, but it works great.

I use it to backup all event logs to a central server. It has options for
filtering on specific event codes, so it will work for your situation.

Jeff

Quote:

> >Hi Folks,

> >    Is there a way to script NT 4.0 event log achiving and clearing?
Could
> >someone point me to docs or examples?

> >Thanks,

> >-- Pierre Minnis
> can anyone point at an exaple of extracting a specific even from a
> log?

> eg sucess of backups on remote servers?

> thanks

> John

Fri, 05 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. NT 4.0 Event Logs

2. Manage the NT Event Log Via WSH

3. How-to: Log to NT Event Log

4. WSH on NT 4.0 Server without IE 4.0 (5.0)

5. How to Retrieve Events For One Day From An Event Log on Windows 2000/NT

6. Can't run an NT 4.0 VBScript at Startup -- Event ID 1000

7. Windows 2000/NT Event log monitoring

8. Windows 2000/NT Event log monitoring

9. Read the NT Event Log. Help with ASPEventViewer

10. NT Event Log

11. NT Event Logs.

12. Quering NT System Event Log