MapNetworkDrive with an empty password?
Author Message
 MapNetworkDrive with an empty password?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services
\lanmanserver\parameters \NullSessionShares

could be setup on each workstation to allow non-authenticated shares

More info on request or via Resource Kit

Any use?

Quote:
> That's another option that works, but that kind of defeats the purpose of
> "guest" account. If the guest account has a password, then guests will
need
> to know it before being allowed access...

> Oh well, I guess I'll just set up a particular user account for this
> specific type of peer access that I need and call it good.

> Thanks everyone - this would be a good one for the Windows Wish List...

> --
> William Fields
> MCSD - Microsoft Visual FoxPro
> MCP - Win2k Pro
> US Bankruptcy Court
> Phoenix, AZ

> "While the Complexity of this Project is
> several orders of magnitude less than
> modeling heat flux in a fossil-fuel fired
> electric utility plant using the Hottel Zone
> technique, the context of each project
> evolves in a remarkably similar fashion."
> - Author Unknown

> > It looks like we need to set a generic password for the guest account on
> > every machine, and set it to not expire and the user cannot change it.
> > Then, set this password in the script.  Would this be an option, or am I
> > way off here?

Sat, 01 May 2004 16:37:16 GMT

1. MapNetworkDrive with an empty password?

2. Prompting for Password in MapNetworkDrive

3. Pull Bad-Password-Time and Bad-Password-Count

4. MapNetworkDrive Error

5. Win2K and mapnetworkdrive

6. MapNetworkDrive

7. problem with MapNetworkDrive

8. MapNetworkDrive question

9. MapNetworkDrive Error Handling

10. MapNetworkDrive

11. MapNetworkDrive mistery during Startup script

12. MapNetworkDrive explorer pop-up