script to run as an admin user account
Author Message
 script to run as an admin user account

    Is there a way to setup your script to run as an account with
administrative priviledges?  I need an IEupdate script to run as an admin so
it can start the install of IE if needed.  The reboot doesn't matter, just
getting the script that launches the setup to be done as an admin.  Thanks
for any help,

Ryan

Sat, 20 Nov 2004 23:23:47 GMT
 script to run as an admin user account
I have played with "RunAs", "SU" and other things. Problem there is
security - there isn't a good way to hide passwords etc.
If you are logging onto a domain, look at a thing called EPAL.
It's on the Microsoft site (sorry can't remember the address, look for
EPAL.EXE).
You will need to read the doco a couple of times, but once you get the hang
of it it's fairly easy to use, and at least provides some security.

Regards,
- Damien

Quote:
>     Is there a way to setup your script to run as an account with
> administrative priviledges?  I need an IEupdate script to run as an admin
so
> it can start the install of IE if needed.  The reboot doesn't matter, just
> getting the script that launches the setup to be done as an admin.  Thanks
> for any help,

> Ryan

Sun, 21 Nov 2004 08:39:10 GMT
 script to run as an admin user account
    How do I specify to runas inside my script?

Quote:
> I have played with "RunAs", "SU" and other things. Problem there is
> security - there isn't a good way to hide passwords etc.
> If you are logging onto a domain, look at a thing called EPAL.
> It's on the Microsoft site (sorry can't remember the address, look for
> EPAL.EXE).
> You will need to read the doco a couple of times, but once you get the
hang
> of it it's fairly easy to use, and at least provides some security.

> Regards,
> - Damien

> >     Is there a way to setup your script to run as an account with
> > administrative priviledges?  I need an IEupdate script to run as an
admin
> so
> > it can start the install of IE if needed.  The reboot doesn't matter,
just
> > getting the script that launches the setup to be done as an admin.
Thanks
> > for any help,

> > Ryan

Tue, 23 Nov 2004 22:13:01 GMT
 script to run as an admin user account
    How can i put the runas or something into the script?

Quote:
> I have played with "RunAs", "SU" and other things. Problem there is
> security - there isn't a good way to hide passwords etc.
> If you are logging onto a domain, look at a thing called EPAL.
> It's on the Microsoft site (sorry can't remember the address, look for
> EPAL.EXE).
> You will need to read the doco a couple of times, but once you get the
hang
> of it it's fairly easy to use, and at least provides some security.

> Regards,
> - Damien

> >     Is there a way to setup your script to run as an account with
> > administrative priviledges?  I need an IEupdate script to run as an
admin
> so
> > it can start the install of IE if needed.  The reboot doesn't matter,
just
> > getting the script that launches the setup to be done as an admin.
Thanks
> > for any help,

> > Ryan

Tue, 23 Nov 2004 22:48:44 GMT
 script to run as an admin user account
The best solution is using TqcRunas from http://www.quimeras.com

-PTruco

Wed, 01 Dec 2004 04:50:30 GMT

1. Specify User Account to Run Script

2. Script to Change Local Admin Users to Power Users

3. Adding non-admin users to local admin group

4. Admin user in Logon script

5. Admin privileges for creating script for users

6. how can i run my vb script in the admin permission

7. Running a vb script with admin rights

8. Remote Admin Scripts won't run

9. Run Script as Local Admin

10. automatic create user account, computer account in 2000 server

11. Change Service account User Account and Password

12. Help with creating list of User accounts and then determining Account status