Logon scripts, WSH, Win95, stupid question??
Author Message
 Logon scripts, WSH, Win95, stupid question??

Just making sure I understand.
If I am going to covert all my logon scripts to WSH, I will need to install
WSH on every Windows 95 machine? I thought that it ran from the server? Is
there a way to not have to install it on all the workstations? I know this
may seem like a stupid questions but I wanted to be clear.
Thanks!!
Jeremy

Tue, 03 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Logon scripts, WSH, Win95, stupid question??
WSH must be installed on every PC (This is worth it for all the other things
you can do with it)
It is just the script that is stored on the netlogon share of the server.
You logon batch file can install WSH if it is not already there. ADS would
also be usefull but you should install DCOM 1.2 for 95
(http://microsoft.com/com) if you want to detect group membership.
This is my batch file...

Echo off
:start
if exist c:\skip.txt goto skip
if exist %windir%\system32\$winnt$.inf goto nt
if not exist %windir%\system\adsnt.dll \\Server\install\scripts\adsw95.exe/q
if not exist %windir%\wscript.exe \\Server\install\scripts\wsh.exe/q
goto end
:nt
if not exist %windir%\system32\adsnt.dll
\\Server\install\scripts\adsx86.exe/q
if not exist %windir%\system32\wscript.exe
\\Server\install\scripts\wsh.exe/q
:end
wscript \\Server\netlogon\logon.wsh
:skip

Regards,
Ian
WHS FAQ http://wsh.glazier.co.nz/frame.htm

Quote:
>Just making sure I understand.
>If I am going to covert all my logon scripts to WSH, I will need to install
>WSH on every Windows 95 machine? I thought that it ran from the server? Is
>there a way to not have to install it on all the workstations? I know this
>may seem like a stupid questions but I wanted to be clear.
>Thanks!!
>Jeremy

Wed, 04 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Stupid Stupid Question

2. How can I get logon server name and IP address from logon script using wsh

3. Stupid question: Where can I get(download) WSH?

4. Copy printerdrivers and adding printers with wsh2.0 logon script on win95 clients

5. problems with logon script in win95/98

6. Win95 client wont run logon script..

7. logon script in Win95 Peer to Peer

8. UserName property in Win95 logon scripts.

9. WSH Script in NT Logon Script

10. logon.exe script.vbs in profile (logon script)

11. Install Printer - Logon Script (WSH)

12. WSH: Can't create folder and file in Logon Script