running wsh-script on shut down or logoff
Author Message
 running wsh-script on shut down or logoff

Hi all,

how can I run a wsh-script automaticly when a user is loggin of or shuting
down the system?

Sat, 19 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 running wsh-script on shut down or logoff
Hi,
This is only a feature of NT 5
Regards,
Ian
WSH FAQ http://wsh.glazier.co.nz/frame.htm
Quote:

>Hi all,

>how can I run a wsh-script automaticly when a user is loggin of or shuting
>down the system?

Sun, 20 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 running wsh-script on shut down or logoff
Well, there are several possibilities. The most simple technique is:
use the run-command to call the Exit-Function in Windows:

wsh.Run ("RunDll32.exe user,ExitWindows")

I wrote the line above out of my head, so try to enter the line in
the Windows Run-Dialogbox first. It's important to use the spelling
because the command "ExitWindows" is casesensitive. And you
may don't use extra blanks.
More description about these techniques (also how to restart

in the following books:

Markt & Technik: Factory - Windows 98 optimal configuriert

MS Press: Microsoft Windows 98 Power Toolkit

Both books are available (till yet) in German.

For my convenience I wrote also a small ActiveX-Control allowing
me to shutdown, restart and logoff Windows from a script calling
the WSHExtend.quit-methode.

This ActiveX-Control and other techniques will be available to the public in
Jan 99 in:

MS Press "Inside the Windows Scripting Host"

Currently the book is just scheduled for MS Press Germany, but
I'm optimistic that there is enought response from Script-programmers
to convince MS Press USA to do the project also in English ;-)

Gnter Born
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Guenter_Born

Wolf Rauch schrieb in Nachricht ...

Quote:
>Hi all,

>how can I run a wsh-script automaticly when a user is loggin of or shuting
>down the system?

Thu, 24 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 running wsh-script on shut down or logoff
I believe the original post was how to launch a WSH script when a shutdown
or logout event happens.

It was not "How do I initiate a shutdown or logout from a wsh script?".

Your response answers the second item, not the intended first one.

Quote:

>Well, there are several possibilities. The most simple technique is:
>use the run-command to call the Exit-Function in Windows:

>wsh.Run ("RunDll32.exe user,ExitWindows")

>I wrote the line above out of my head, so try to enter the line in
>the Windows Run-Dialogbox first. It's important to use the spelling
>because the command "ExitWindows" is casesensitive. And you
>may don't use extra blanks.
>More description about these techniques (also how to restart

>in the following books:

>Markt & Technik: Factory - Windows 98 optimal configuriert

>MS Press: Microsoft Windows 98 Power Toolkit

>Both books are available (till yet) in German.

>For my convenience I wrote also a small ActiveX-Control allowing
>me to shutdown, restart and logoff Windows from a script calling
>the WSHExtend.quit-methode.

>This ActiveX-Control and other techniques will be available to the public
in
>Jan 99 in:

>MS Press "Inside the Windows Scripting Host"

>Currently the book is just scheduled for MS Press Germany, but
>I'm optimistic that there is enought response from Script-programmers
>to convince MS Press USA to do the project also in English ;-)

>Gnter Born
>http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Guenter_Born

>Wolf Rauch schrieb in Nachricht ...
>>Hi all,

>>how can I run a wsh-script automaticly when a user is loggin of or shuting
>>down the system?

Tue, 05 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 running wsh-script on shut down or logoff

From a conversation at the discussion lounge on Win32Scripting

    I want to make some action during logoff (or shutdown) process. Is it
    possible to do this on W95 or NT4.0 ??
    (maybe some registry editing)

    The utility is called "trapsd" by "Pyzzo Software".
    http://www.pyzzo.com/trapsd

Clarence
Check it out
http://cwashington.netreach.net

Win32 bit scripting. Everything you need to get up and running,
A script repository containing almost 100 sample scripts,
downloads, reference files, and technical support via an
online discussion forum.

(Pursuant to US Code, Title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, 227, any and all
unsolicited commercial E-mail sent to this address is subject to a download
and archival fee in the amount of $1000 US.  E-mailing denotes acceptance of
these terms.)

I believe the original post was how to launch a WSH script when a shutdown
or logout event happens.

It was not "How do I initiate a shutdown or logout from a wsh script?".

Your response answers the second item, not the intended first one.

Quote:

>Well, there are several possibilities. The most simple technique is:
>use the run-command to call the Exit-Function in Windows:

>wsh.Run ("RunDll32.exe user,ExitWindows")

>I wrote the line above out of my head, so try to enter the line in
>the Windows Run-Dialogbox first. It's important to use the spelling
>because the command "ExitWindows" is casesensitive. And you
>may don't use extra blanks.
>More description about these techniques (also how to restart

>in the following books:

>Markt & Technik: Factory - Windows 98 optimal configuriert

>MS Press: Microsoft Windows 98 Power Toolkit

>Both books are available (till yet) in German.

>For my convenience I wrote also a small ActiveX-Control allowing
>me to shutdown, restart and logoff Windows from a script calling
>the WSHExtend.quit-methode.

>This ActiveX-Control and other techniques will be available to the public
in
>Jan 99 in:

>MS Press "Inside the Windows Scripting Host"

>Currently the book is just scheduled for MS Press Germany, but
>I'm optimistic that there is enought response from Script-programmers
>to convince MS Press USA to do the project also in English ;-)

>Gnter Born
>http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Guenter_Born

>Wolf Rauch schrieb in Nachricht ...
>>Hi all,

>>how can I run a wsh-script automaticly when a user is loggin of or shuting
>>down the system?

Tue, 05 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. script to shut-down IE5 if running

2. Shutting down NT from within WSH

3. WSH shuts down with Task Scheduler

4. shutting down, rebooting, power down local host???

5. Script to shut down Win2K service?

6. Script for shutting down windows2000

7. shut down IE5 in script, not working

8. canceling a logoff from a logoff script

9. running script when logoff

10. Shutting down W2k

11. remotely shutting down a group of specified computers left on overnight

12. IE5 Process not shutting down