running program remotely
Author Message
 running program remotely

Hi,

I have a backup batch file store on the server and I need all the
workstation to run this batch file to backup their hard disk. Most of the
users are out of office and could not run the batch file. So I write the
following script to allow all remote workstation to execute this batch file.

Const wbemImpersonationLevelDelegate = 4
Set objWbemLocator = CreateObject("WbemScripting.SWbemLocator")
Set objConnection = objwbemLocator.ConnectServer _
    ("WebServer", "root\cimv2", "test\administrator", _
     "password", , "kerberos:WebServer")
objConnection.Security_.ImpersonationLevel = wbemImpersonationLevelDelegate
Set objSoftware = objConnection.Get("Win32_Product")
errReturn = objSoftware.Install("\\wks01\backup\backup.bat",,True)
Wscript.Echo errReturn

But it prompt me error saying that the rpc server is unavailable.

Pls advice is this the correct script to perform this function.

Thanks

Sat, 30 Jul 2005 17:26:05 GMT

1. remotely started program is only process and not application

2. Capturing Stdout From A Remotely Executed Program?

3. Remotely Running Apps On a Terminal from the Term Srv

4. Running Apps Remotely

5. Script will not run remotely =- Help

6. Remotely Run a Batch File

7. Need help with running scripts remotely

8. Running VBScript remotely

9. Run vbs file remotely

10. Start/Stop IIS remotely / run Regsvr32.exe ?

11. Can script running remotely start a process in foreground

12. Running a script remotely with filesharing credentials?