Using an Excel file
Author Message
 Using an Excel file

I'm using VBScript with WSH, and I don't know how to open a previously saved
Excel file.

Do I use the GetObject command?  If so, how?

Mo.

Sun, 30 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Using an Excel file
Set xl = GetObject("C:\testexcel2.xls")
MsgBox TypeName(xl)
MsgBox xl.FullName
MsgBox xl.ActiveSheet.Name

--
Michael Harris

| I'm using VBScript with WSH, and I don't know how to open a previously
saved
| Excel file.
|
| Do I use the GetObject command?  If so, how?
|
| Mo.

Sun, 30 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Using an Excel file
Thanks Micheal.
Quote:

>Set xl = GetObject("C:\testexcel2.xls")
>MsgBox TypeName(xl)
>MsgBox xl.FullName
>MsgBox xl.ActiveSheet.Name

>--
>Michael Harris

Sun, 30 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Using an Excel file
Wow, you can do that!?!  Interesting...

Quote:
> Thanks Micheal.

> >Set xl = GetObject("C:\testexcel2.xls")
> >MsgBox TypeName(xl)
> >MsgBox xl.FullName
> >MsgBox xl.ActiveSheet.Name

> >--
> >Michael Harris

Sun, 30 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Using an Excel file
FYI: Have a a look into the WSH Bazaar. The sample pages contain also two
articles about Excel. I did load a CSV file, but the same statements may be
done with XLS files. More details are discussed within the WSH Tutorial.

G. Born

Check out the WSH Bazaar at:

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Guenter_Born/index0.htm

Mauro Franco schrieb in Nachricht ...

Quote:
>I'm using VBScript with WSH, and I don't know how to open a previously
saved
>Excel file.

>Do I use the GetObject command?  If so, how?

>Mo.

Mon, 31 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Using an Excel file
Was that link just a plug for your book?

'Cause I didn't find anything at that site.

Quote:

>FYI: Have a a look into the WSH Bazaar. The sample pages contain also two
>articles about Excel. I did load a CSV file, but the same statements may be
>done with XLS files. More details are discussed within the WSH Tutorial.

>G. Born

>Check out the WSH Bazaar at:

>http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Guenter_Born/index0.htm

>Mauro Franco schrieb in Nachricht ...
>>I'm using VBScript with WSH, and I don't know how to open a previously
>saved
>>Excel file.

>>Do I use the GetObject command?  If so, how?

>>Mo.

Mon, 31 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using FSO to append multiple .csv excel files into one file

2. Help! Open Excel file using ADO

3. saving an excel file using VBS

4. Excel file generation using ASP

5. Reading Excel file using VBScript

6. Clear Excel data using VB Script - File Already Open

7. how to set possword for a excel file by using asp

8. Saving Excel file from the Web using VBS

9. Export from asp to excel file using owc

10. Help a new kid import delimted file into Excel using WSH

11. open doc/excel file in frame with Word/Excel menubar

12. Applying Excel Autofilter when opening Excel Files