<object> and reference attribute
Author Message
 <object> and reference attribute

The reference attribute of the <object> tag works but is not documented -
although Andrew Clinic mentions it in his column.

<object id="conn" progid="ADODB.Connection" reference="true"/>

Just wanted to let you know.

Ralf

Tue, 05 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 <object> and reference attribute
It depends if that object has the typelibrary registered under it's class
id.  If it doesn't then we can't load the library.  You would have to add a
reference tag to deal with this I'm afraid

Quote:
> The reference attribute of the <object> tag works but is not documented -
> although Andrew Clinic mentions it in his column.

> <object id="conn" progid="ADODB.Connection" reference="true"/>

> Just wanted to let you know.

> Ralf

Tue, 05 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 <object> and reference attribute
The reference attribute of the <object> element doesn't work for
progid="BlahBlah.Application" progid's for the Office applications, but it
does for progid="Word.Document", progid="Excel.Sheet", etc.   The Office
BlahBlah.Application progid's don't work for <reference> element either and
the GUID for the TypeLib can be hard to find.

The simplest workaround is

<object id=word progid="Word.Application" />
<reference object="Word.Document" />

This works because the CLSID key for "Word.Document" _does_ have a TypeLib
key.

--
Michael Harris

| It depends if that object has the typelibrary registered under it's class
| id.  If it doesn't then we can't load the library.  You would have to add
| reference tag to deal with this I'm afraid
|

| > The reference attribute of the <object> tag works but is not
documented -
| > although Andrew Clinic mentions it in his column.
| >
| > <object id="conn" progid="ADODB.Connection" reference="true"/>
| >
| > Just wanted to let you know.
| >
| > Ralf

Tue, 05 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. --------<<<<<<MONEY>>>>>>--------- id 9543

2. Target Attribute for <SELECT> object

3. Referencing ActiveX <OBJECT> tag parameters

4. <?job?> unknown attributes

5. Access to WSF <named> argument attributes

6. removing selected attribute from <option> tag

7. Activating an OBJECT without <object>

8. <<<< Disabling the ControlBox, MinButton and MaxButton >>>>

9. Object using <OBJECT> tag

10. Win98 user <font color="blue"><B>profiles</B></font>

11. Referencing <DIV> from another window

12. VBScript <-> JScript reference