NT Logon Scripting using WSH
Author Message
 NT Logon Scripting using WSH

Hi,

I am experiencing problems trying to run a script from Netlogon share on our
Windows NT domain. On some machines,i.e the faster PCs it is OK but others it
is not. I am using LOGON.BAT within the Netlogon share to call my vbs. The
LOGON.BAT contains the following ;

start cscript.exe z:\Batchfiles\FullScript.vbs

When logging into NT this drive Z is mapped temporarily to allow the logon script
execution. I am now getting the error "Can't find input file
z:\Batchfiles\FullScript.vbs".

Do you know of any way to increase this timeout value under NT or any other way
I could start my script. It is important that the vbs script file starts and
resides on the Netlogon share, due to replication purposes.

Regards,

MG.

Sat, 01 Nov 2003 23:22:31 GMT
 NT Logon Scripting using WSH
Try to put FullScript.vbs directly in NETLOGON, then change LOGON.BAT in
order to refer the correct script without mounting Z:.

LOGON.BAT
---------------
..
..start cscript.exe FullScript.vbs
---------------

regards,
Alejandro

[...]

Sat, 01 Nov 2003 23:53:48 GMT
 NT Logon Scripting using WSH
start cscript.exe %0\..\Batchfiles\FullScript.vbs

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

I am experiencing problems trying to run a script from Netlogon share on our
Windows NT domain. On some machines,i.e the faster PCs it is OK but others it
is not. I am using LOGON.BAT within the Netlogon share to call my vbs. The
LOGON.BAT contains the following ;

start cscript.exe z:\Batchfiles\FullScript.vbs

When logging into NT this drive Z is mapped temporarily to allow the logon script
execution. I am now getting the error "Can't find input file
z:\Batchfiles\FullScript.vbs".

Do you know of any way to increase this timeout value under NT or any other way
I could start my script. It is important that the vbs script file starts and
resides on the Netlogon share, due to replication purposes.

Regards,

MG.

Sun, 02 Nov 2003 09:15:22 GMT
 NT Logon Scripting using WSH
Michael,

Not sure what do you mean ..   %0\..\Batchfiles\FullScript.vbs.
I don't understand the syntax ?

MG

Quote:
[...]

.

Mon, 03 Nov 2003 16:04:54 GMT
 NT Logon Scripting using WSH
Michael,

I tried this exact syntax and it gave the same error "Can't find input file
[...]

Mon, 03 Nov 2003 20:38:56 GMT
 NT Logon Scripting using WSH
%0\..\path\filename.ext means this:

%0 is the full pathname of the batch file
%0\.. is the directory containing this batch file - it is as if the filename
part of the full path name is also a subdirectory and the \.. just knocks
this off to go to the next directory toward the root
%\..\path is a subdirectory called path located within the subdirectory that
contains the batch file.
%\..\path\filename.ext is a file located in the subdirectory called path
located within the subdirectory that contains the batch file.

/Al

[...]

Tue, 04 Nov 2003 22:18:22 GMT
 NT Logon Scripting using WSH
i created a EXE file that run the script with Wscript
by using Autoit and the vbs i copied before to some place in the workstation
hardisk and it's very fast

Quote:
> %0\..\path\filename.ext means this:

> %0 is the full pathname of the batch file
> %0\.. is the directory containing this batch file - it is as if the
filename
> part of the full path name is also a subdirectory and the \.. just knocks
> this off to go to the next directory toward the root
> %\..\path is a subdirectory called path located within the subdirectory
that
> contains the batch file.
> %\..\path\filename.ext is a file located in the subdirectory called path
> located within the subdirectory that contains the batch file.

> /Al

> Michael,

> Not sure what do you mean ..   %0\..\Batchfiles\FullScript.vbs.
> I don't understand the syntax ?

> MG

Wed, 05 Nov 2003 05:51:10 GMT

1. NT Logon Script using WSH / VBScript

2. Nt Domain Logon Script using VBScript/WSH

3. How can I get logon server name and IP address from logon script using wsh

4. WSH Script in NT Logon Script

5. Run WSH logon script before NT shell starts?

6. deploying WSH 5.6 with NT logon script

7. WSH NT Logon Scripting

8. using WSH for logon scripts

9. Using WSH for logon scripts?

10. Running VB Script code on WSH using cscript on win NT

11. need help writing server monitor script for windows 2000 and win nt 4 using wsh

12. Display NT Logon Hours with WSH