  I'm looking at the steps required to minimalize the risk of users running malicious scripts. Does any one know of any articles that may be of help? Although I've found out a lot about WSH I can not find anything which relates to the security implications.

  Many Thanks

  Bob

Sat, 05 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Concerns about scripting
If you run Windows NT or WIndows 2000, just remove the
execute right for WScript and CScript for ordinary users.
That's enough. More details may be found in "Microsoft
Windows Script Host 2.0 Developer's Guide". A German
article in PDF format may be downloaded from my
WSH Bazaar.

G. Born

Check out the WSH Bazaar at www.borncity.de

Quote:
>I'm looking at the steps required to minimalize the risk of users
>running malicious scripts. Does any one know of any articles that may be
>of help? Although I've found out a lot about WSH I can not find anything
>which relates to the security implications.

>Many Thanks

>Bob

Sat, 05 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Concerns about scripting

I'm looking at the steps required to minimalize the risk of users
running malicious scripts. Does any one know of any articles that may be
of help? Although I've found out a lot about WSH I can not find anything
which relates to the security implications.

Many Thanks

Bob

Sat, 05 Apr 2003 21:57:36 GMT

1. Newbie Question concerning clientWidth script

2. ** ? concerning CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

3. ** ? concerning CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

4. Scripting Concerns in OutlooK+Ie4+?

5. Script concern

6. Newbie question concerning fancy postscript stuff

7. Simulating the BackSpace key and some other concerns....

8. three Qs concerning ps and gv

9. Marking links as visited / targets concern

10. Opening pages in the same / child window concern

11. Can jscript do this? (concerns text entry)

12. Auto-generate XML and file locking concern