WSH 5.6 Trust Policy and NT4
Author Message
 WSH 5.6 Trust Policy and NT4

Hi,

Does anyone know if the trust policy setting for WSH 5.6 works with NT4?  I
want to stop all unsigned scripts running and have set:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Script
Host\Settings\TrustPolicy = 2

but all scripts still execute.

Thanks,
John.

Tue, 06 Jul 2004 23:25:11 GMT
 WSH 5.6 Trust Policy and NT4
First, the type for TrustPolicy must be REG_DWORD. See:
    http://home.iSTAR.ca/~neutron/wsh/signascript/regsec.html
I have written a basic "Script Trust Policy Editor" as an hta which
assists with viewing and setting the value correctly, available via:
   http://home.iSTAR.ca/~neutron/wsh/signascript/

A generic version of this hta will be available in G. Born's forthcoming
German Microsoft Press title:
 " Inside Windows Script Host - 2"

Note that there are some other congif. issues for XP. See thread in this group titled:
   "TrustPolicy isn't working in Win XP"

 Cheers,
 - Mitch Gallant

Quote:

> Hi,

> Does anyone know if the trust policy setting for WSH 5.6 works with NT4?  I
> want to stop all unsigned scripts running and have set:

> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Script
> Host\Settings\TrustPolicy = 2

> but all scripts still execute.

> Thanks,
> John.

Wed, 07 Jul 2004 00:08:39 GMT

1. WSH 5.6 trust policy WindowsXP

2. WSH Trust Policy vs disabling

3. WSH 5.6 on NT4 - Now I can't print from IE

4. strange error trying to delete file with .aspx page (security policy, trust level BS)

5. Can you unintall the scipts Host 5.6 in NT4.0

6. JScript 5.6 in NT4: Object expected

7. BUG in WSH 5.6 install if Wscript.exe is running while updating WSH

8. BUG in WSH 5.6 install if Wscript.exe is running while updating WSH

9. WSH bug status (pre-WSH 5.6 beta)

10. BUG in WSH 5.6 install if Wscript.exe is running while updating WSH

11. Silent installation of WSH 5.6 ?

12. WSH 5.6 beta 2