Printing in general
Author Message
 Printing in general

Could anyone please tell me how to go about or where I can find some
information on how to print from ASP in particular how to select font sizes
and styles and how to draw.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated

Sat, 17 May 2003 10:40:18 GMT
 Printing in general
there was a thread on this a few weeks ago.
here is one message:

Notepad adds headers and footers and paginates the output, which can be
very handy.  Also, output always goes to the default printer (which can
be changed, of course).  However, an alternative approach is to send the
text file directly to the printer using the FSO CopyFile method,
something like this ...

  Set ofs = WScript.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
  Set oPrint = ofs.OpenTextFile("C:\Windows\Temp\~tmp.txt", 2, True, 0)
  oPrint.WriteLine "This is a test file"
  oPrint.WriteLine "This is a second line"
  oPrint.Write Chr(12) ' Ejects page - on most printers
  oPrint.Close
  ofs.CopyFile   "C:\Windows\Temp\~tmp.txt", "PRN", True
  ofs.DeleteFile "C:\Windows\Temp\~tmp.txt"

Quote:
> Could anyone please tell me how to go about or where I can find some
> information on how to print from ASP in particular how to select font sizes
> and styles and how to draw.

> Any suggestions would be much appreciated

Sat, 17 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. General Programming Tools for ASP scripts

2. General newbie question

3. general postscript questions

4. A general fractal drawing program with examples

5. Acroad Distiller 4.0: general parser failure

6. Ghostscript on Data General

7. Hide the Toolbar II (And Architecture in General)

8. General library for postscript generation, PSSkel

9. General purpose PS functions

10. General Question about Internet Servers

11. ASP ADSI "GENERAL ACCESS DENIED"???

12. general advice