Desperately seeking immediate help on CDO/MAPI
Author Message
 Desperately seeking immediate help on CDO/MAPI

I need to know what software has to be installed and registered in order for
the following statement to work in VBA (Outlook)

set mapi = CreateObject("MAPI.Session")

My users are screaming for an email filter.  I have it written and it works
fine on my laptop, but because I've installed so much stuff for developing I
don't know what in particular is needed on a user PC. Our environment is NT4
or XP with Outlook XP.

Tue, 16 Aug 2005 00:01:17 GMT
 Desperately seeking immediate help on CDO/MAPI

Quote:

> I need to know what software has to be installed and registered in
> order for the following statement to work in VBA (Outlook)

> set mapi = CreateObject("MAPI.Session")

> My users are screaming for an email filter.  I have it written and it
> works fine on my laptop, but because I've installed so much stuff for
> developing I don't know what in particular is needed on a user PC.
> Our environment is NT4 or XP with Outlook XP.

In Office XP, CDO is an optional install under the Outlook node.

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Technet Script Center
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/default.asp

Tue, 16 Aug 2005 08:49:19 GMT

1. Desperately Seeking a Japanese Kanji Postscript font set

2. Desperately seeking library which emits trivial postscript

3. Getting the SMTP Email address using CDO/MAPI/Outlook

4. error to creat a CDO MAPI.Session object

5. MAPI or CDO?

6. cdo mapi

7. ASP/CDO/MAPI

8. Replication Id in ASP - desperately need help

9. POP help desperately needed

10. I need immediate help!

11. Please Help! printing to an immediate window

12. !!Immediate Need - Page BBox anchor point help