GetFileVersion design
Author Message
 GetFileVersion design

This is a bug on Win9x which slipped through the net.  On WinNT it just
returns an empty string.  We will fix this for RTM.  In the meantime just
put an on error resume next and curse the differences between Win9x and NT
:-(

Quote:
> Hi,

> GetFileVersion return a error with files without Version Info:

> Set oShell = CreateObject( "WScript.Shell" )
> Set oFSO = CreateObject( "Scripting.FileSystemObject" )
> '-- Ok
> VersionString =

SO.GetFileVersion( oShell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings( "%WINDIR%\Notepad.exe" )
Quote:
>  )
> WScript.Echo VersionString
> '-- Error (8007000B)
> VersionString =
> SO.GetFileVersion( oShell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings( "%WINDIR%\Win.ini" ) )
> WScript.Echo VersionString

> Please, if the file don't have Version Info the GetFileVersion must be
> return a null string or Empty.

Sun, 16 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 GetFileVersion design
Hi,

GetFileVersion return a error with files without Version Info:

Set oShell = CreateObject( "WScript.Shell" )
Set oFSO = CreateObject( "Scripting.FileSystemObject" )
'-- Ok
VersionString =
SO.GetFileVersion( oShell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings( "%WINDIR%\Notepad.exe" )
 )
WScript.Echo VersionString
'-- Error (8007000B)
VersionString =
SO.GetFileVersion( oShell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings( "%WINDIR%\Win.ini" ) )
WScript.Echo VersionString

Please, if the file don't have Version Info the GetFileVersion must be
return a null string or Empty.

Mon, 17 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 GetFileVersion design
Hi,

GetFileVersion return a error with files without Version Info:

Set oShell = CreateObject( "WScript.Shell" )
Set oFSO = CreateObject( "Scripting.FileSystemObject" )
'-- Ok
VersionString =
SO.GetFileVersion( oShell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings( "%WINDIR%\Notepad.exe" )
 )
WScript.Echo VersionString
'-- Error (8007000B)
VersionString =
SO.GetFileVersion( oShell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings( "%WINDIR%\Win.ini" ) )
WScript.Echo VersionString

Please, if the file don't have Version Info the GetFileVersion must be
return a null string or Empty.

Mon, 17 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. GetFileVersion

2. GetFileVersion Method??????

3. GetFileVersion

4. GetFileVersion question?

5. File properties like getFileVersion ...

6. GetFileVersion Method??????

7. GetFileVersion

8. GetFileVersion on NT4 (SP4)

9. Grid design-time control - no display with no result RS

10. Typeface Design/Adaptation?

11. Fonts and art to design holiday cards

12. - a WYSIWYG design tool for DHTML-based banner ads: [B3 dBanner Studio]