Remote shutdown using wsh
Author Message
 Remote shutdown using wsh

Is it possible to shutdown a Windows 2000 Professional machine from a
Windows 98 machine using a script?

If it is possible, can anybody give me guidance on how to implement this?

Thanks in advance,

Jack D.

Sat, 24 Apr 2004 05:20:11 GMT
 Remote shutdown using wsh
You can get shutdown.exe from MS free resource kit tools

--
Regards,

Mike Holzemer
No email replies please - reply in newsgroup

Quote:
> Is it possible to shutdown a Windows 2000 Professional machine from a
> Windows 98 machine using a script?

> If it is possible, can anybody give me guidance on how to implement this?

> Thanks in advance,

> Jack D.

Sat, 24 Apr 2004 07:28:24 GMT
 Remote shutdown using wsh
jack: see psshutdown at www.sysinternals.com

Quote:

> Is it possible to shutdown a Windows 2000 Professional machine from a
> Windows 98 machine using a script?

> If it is possible, can anybody give me guidance on how to implement this?

> Thanks in advance,

> Jack D.

---

Sat, 24 Apr 2004 13:05:50 GMT
 Remote shutdown using wsh
Try running this as a batch file to reboot it (may or may not work).

(set inf=InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall)
echo signature=$chicago$ >> {out}.inf
echo [defaultinstall] >> {out}.inf
rundll32 setupapi,%inf% 1 %temp%\{out}.inf
del {out}.inf

Sat, 24 Apr 2004 18:03:23 GMT
 Remote shutdown using wsh
I'm not very conversant with windows scripting at the moment, but how the
devil does the below batch reboot
a remote machine?

Quote:
> Try running this as a batch file to reboot it (may or may not work).

> (set inf=InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall)
> echo signature=$chicago$ >> {out}.inf
> echo [defaultinstall] >> {out}.inf
> rundll32 setupapi,%inf% 1 %temp%\{out}.inf
> del {out}.inf

Sun, 25 Apr 2004 05:52:12 GMT

1. Shutdown using WSH??

2. sending email using CDO and remote WSH

3. Using WSH for Remote Automation

4. Remote Install using WSH

5. Problems using remote capabilities of WSH 5.6

6. Scheduling programs on remote computers using wsh

7. Shutdown Remote PC

8. Remote Shutdown

9. Shutdown Remote-XP-PC from Win98-Machine

10. remote shutdown

11. NT Remote Shutdown via VBS ?

12. remote Authentication for running a remote wsh script