problem with wsh install
Author Message
 problem with wsh install

Hello Group;
For the code below I called this from a batch file to update the WSH on the
client machine. I received lots of illegal operation messages Can somebody
tell me what is wrong with this line
                        if wshver = 5.1  or 5.6 then
TIA

dim wshver, fso,windir,logonserver
set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
wshver = WScript.Version
if wshver = 5.1  or 5.6 then
 WshShell.run  getLogServer & "\netlogon\scr55en.exe /q:a" '/q:a
end if

Function getLogServer()
 Dim WshShell, WshProcessEnvironment, FileSysObj, EnvOpSystem, DriveObj

 Set WshProcessEnvironment = WshShell.Environment("Process")
 Set FileSysObj = wscript.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

 EnvOpSystem = WshProcessEnvironment("OS")

 If EnvOpSystem <> "Windows_NT" Then
    Set DriveObj = FileSysObj.GetDrive("Z:")
    EnvLogonServer = Mid(DriveObj.ShareName,3,len(DriveObj.ShareName)-11)
    Set DriveObj = Nothing
    getLogServer = "\\" & EnvLogonServer
 Else
    getLogServer = WshProcessEnvironment("LogonServer")
 End If
End Function

Sat, 08 May 2004 05:04:53 GMT
 problem with wsh install
This will work better

if wshver = "5.1"  or wshver = "5.6" Then

Some additional information:

1) You should *not* run scr55en.exe on a WSH 5.6
installation.

2) You should *not* run scr55en.exe on a Win2000/WinXP
computer

--
torgeir

Quote:

& "\netlogon\scr55en.exe /q:a" '/q:a
Quote:
>end if

>Function getLogServer()
> Dim WshShell, WshProcessEnvironment, FileSysObj,

EnvOpSystem, DriveObj
Quote:

> Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
> Set WshProcessEnvironment = WshShell.Environment
("Process")
> Set FileSysObj = wscript.CreateObject

("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Quote:

> EnvOpSystem = WshProcessEnvironment("OS")

> If EnvOpSystem <> "Windows_NT" Then
>    Set DriveObj = FileSysObj.GetDrive("Z:")
>    EnvLogonServer = Mid(DriveObj.ShareName,3,len

(DriveObj.ShareName)-11)
Quote:
>    Set DriveObj = Nothing
>    getLogServer = "\\" & EnvLogonServer
> Else
>    getLogServer = WshProcessEnvironment("LogonServer")
> End If
>End Function

>.

Sat, 08 May 2004 06:12:57 GMT
 problem with wsh install

Hi,

 if wshver = 5.1  or 5.6 then
Try this
if wshver="5.1" or wshver="5.6" then

I hope this helps. If you have any questions, please reply to this post.

Best Regards,

Jun Su
Microsoft Support

---

--------------------

| Subject: problem with wsh install
| Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 16:04:53 -0500

| Hello Group;
| For the code below I called this from a batch file to update the WSH on
the
| client machine. I received lots of illegal operation messages Can somebody
| tell me what is wrong with this line
|                         if wshver = 5.1  or 5.6 then
| TIA
|

| dim wshver, fso,windir,logonserver
| Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
| set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
| wshver = WScript.Version
| if wshver = 5.1  or 5.6 then
|  WshShell.run  getLogServer & "\netlogon\scr55en.exe /q:a" '/q:a
| end if
|

| Function getLogServer()
|  Dim WshShell, WshProcessEnvironment, FileSysObj, EnvOpSystem, DriveObj
|
|  Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
|  Set WshProcessEnvironment = WshShell.Environment("Process")
|  Set FileSysObj = wscript.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
|
|  EnvOpSystem = WshProcessEnvironment("OS")
|
|  If EnvOpSystem <> "Windows_NT" Then
|     Set DriveObj = FileSysObj.GetDrive("Z:")
|     EnvLogonServer = Mid(DriveObj.ShareName,3,len(DriveObj.ShareName)-11)
|     Set DriveObj = Nothing
|     getLogServer = "\\" & EnvLogonServer
|  Else
|     getLogServer = WshProcessEnvironment("LogonServer")
|  End If
| End Function

Sun, 09 May 2004 17:08:42 GMT
 problem with wsh install
How nice,

two days later the exact same reply as from Torgeir. Wonder if Torgeir is in
their Blocked Senders List??

Mike

Quote:

> Hi,

>  if wshver = 5.1  or 5.6 then
> Try this
> if wshver="5.1" or wshver="5.6" then

> I hope this helps. If you have any questions, please reply to this post.

> Best Regards,

> Jun Su
> Microsoft Support

> ---
rights.

> --------------------

> | Subject: problem with wsh install
> | Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 16:04:53 -0500

> | Hello Group;
> | For the code below I called this from a batch file to update the WSH on
> the
> | client machine. I received lots of illegal operation messages Can
somebody
> | tell me what is wrong with this line
> |                         if wshver = 5.1  or 5.6 then
> | TIA
> |

> | dim wshver, fso,windir,logonserver
> | Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
> | set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
> | wshver = WScript.Version
> | if wshver = 5.1  or 5.6 then
> |  WshShell.run  getLogServer & "\netlogon\scr55en.exe /q:a" '/q:a
> | end if
> |

> | Function getLogServer()
> |  Dim WshShell, WshProcessEnvironment, FileSysObj, EnvOpSystem, DriveObj
> |
> |  Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
> |  Set WshProcessEnvironment = WshShell.Environment("Process")
> |  Set FileSysObj = wscript.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
> |
> |  EnvOpSystem = WshProcessEnvironment("OS")
> |
> |  If EnvOpSystem <> "Windows_NT" Then
> |     Set DriveObj = FileSysObj.GetDrive("Z:")
> |     EnvLogonServer =

Mid(DriveObj.ShareName,3,len(DriveObj.ShareName)-11)

> |     Set DriveObj = Nothing
> |     getLogServer = "\\" & EnvLogonServer
> |  Else
> |     getLogServer = WshProcessEnvironment("LogonServer")
> |  End If
> | End Function

Mon, 10 May 2004 19:04:03 GMT
 problem with wsh install
I had a conversation with one of the MS Support guys about this, and in their defense <g>...

They use an internal tool (not Outlook Express) and server (not the public msnews NNTP servers) for NG monitoring that apparently leaves a little to be desired.  They often never see the existing replies to a particular thread...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Quote:

> How nice,

> two days later the exact same reply as from Torgeir. Wonder if Torgeir is in
> their Blocked Senders List??

> Mike

> > Hi,

> >  if wshver = 5.1  or 5.6 then
> > Try this
> > if wshver="5.1" or wshver="5.6" then

> > I hope this helps. If you have any questions, please reply to this post.

> > Best Regards,

> > Jun Su
> > Microsoft Support

> > ---
> rights.

> > --------------------

> > | Subject: problem with wsh install
> > | Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 16:04:53 -0500

> > | Hello Group;
> > | For the code below I called this from a batch file to update the WSH on
> > the
> > | client machine. I received lots of illegal operation messages Can
> somebody
> > | tell me what is wrong with this line
> > |                         if wshver = 5.1  or 5.6 then
> > | TIA
> > |

> > | dim wshver, fso,windir,logonserver
> > | Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
> > | set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
> > | wshver = WScript.Version
> > | if wshver = 5.1  or 5.6 then
> > |  WshShell.run  getLogServer & "\netlogon\scr55en.exe /q:a" '/q:a
> > | end if
> > |

> > | Function getLogServer()
> > |  Dim WshShell, WshProcessEnvironment, FileSysObj, EnvOpSystem, DriveObj
> > |
> > |  Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
> > |  Set WshProcessEnvironment = WshShell.Environment("Process")
> > |  Set FileSysObj = wscript.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
> > |
> > |  EnvOpSystem = WshProcessEnvironment("OS")
> > |
> > |  If EnvOpSystem <> "Windows_NT" Then
> > |     Set DriveObj = FileSysObj.GetDrive("Z:")
> > |     EnvLogonServer =
> Mid(DriveObj.ShareName,3,len(DriveObj.ShareName)-11)
> > |     Set DriveObj = Nothing
> > |     getLogServer = "\\" & EnvLogonServer
> > |  Else
> > |     getLogServer = WshProcessEnvironment("LogonServer")
> > |  End If
> > | End Function

Tue, 11 May 2004 04:24:33 GMT
 problem with wsh install
If I had been a MS Support guy, I would have refused to use such a flawed support tool ;-)

--
torgeir

Quote:

> I had a conversation with one of the MS Support guys about this, and in their defense <g>...

> They use an internal tool (not Outlook Express) and server (not the public msnews NNTP servers) for NG monitoring that apparently leaves a little to be desired.  They often never see the existing replies to a particular thread...

> --
> Michael Harris
> Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> > How nice,

> > two days later the exact same reply as from Torgeir. Wonder if Torgeir is in
> > their Blocked Senders List??

> > Mike

> > > Hi,

> > >  if wshver = 5.1  or 5.6 then
> > > Try this
> > > if wshver="5.1" or wshver="5.6" then

> > > I hope this helps. If you have any questions, please reply to this post.

> > > Best Regards,

> > > Jun Su
> > > Microsoft Support

> > > ---
> > rights.

> > > --------------------

> > > the
> > somebody

> > Mid(DriveObj.ShareName,3,len(DriveObj.ShareName)-11)

Tue, 11 May 2004 15:16:37 GMT

1. problem with WSH install..

2. Installing WSH problem

3. Help Please on Install of WSH problem

4. Problem installing Wsh v5.6 on NT servers

5. Install wsh 5.5 german on a NT4-Server - still problems

6. Install Problem with Wsh 5.5 and NT

7. Detect if WSH is installed, and if not install it (from command line)

8. Detect if WSH is installed, and if not install it (from command line)

9. INF Install Failure when install WSH on WIN2000

10. BUG in WSH 5.6 install if Wscript.exe is running while updating WSH

11. after installing WSH on NT4, WSH won`t work

12. BUG in WSH 5.6 install if Wscript.exe is running while updating WSH