Logon Scripts in Windows NT
Author Message
 Logon Scripts in Windows NT

Take a look to Clarence site, download section...
http://www.*-*-*.com/

There is a little program (search run logon scripts...) that allow you to do what you need... but it works only in NT...

.Enjoy.
Legolas

Quote:
> Tom Pennings ha scritto:

> I would like to run logon scripts under Windows NT 4.0 without showing that stupid DOS-window.  Is there a tool on the market what can can do that job? And how do I install it and let it run? I know
> that WSH works without showing the DOS-box but to use it as a Logon Script you need first to call a batch-file!!!

Mon, 24 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Logon Scripts in Windows NT

Logon Scripts in Windows NTLook at this knowledge base article. It shows you the registry entry to set the DOS box to minimised. If the first batch file just starts another one the logon window is hardly displayed.

How to Hide the Logon Script Dialog Box on a Windows NT Client
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q176/1/97.asp

  I would like to run logon scripts under Windows NT 4.0 without showing that stupid DOS-window.  Is there a tool on the market what can can do that job? And how do I install it and let it run? I know that WSH works without showing the DOS-box but to use it as a Logon Script you need first to call a batch-file!!!

Tue, 25 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Logon Scripts in Windows NT
Hi Ian,

 thanks for that tip!

Best regards,
Manfred Braun

(Private)
Lange Roetterstrasse 7
D68167 Mannheim
Germany

(Remove the anti-spam-underscore to mail me!)

>------=_NextPart_000_0014_01BEC9DC.EE485B20

>Logon Scripts in Windows NTLook at this knowledge base article. It shows =
>you the registry entry to set the DOS box to minimised. If the first =
>batch file just starts another one the logon window is hardly displayed.

>How to Hide the Logon Script Dialog Box on a Windows NT Client
>http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q176/1/97.asp

>  I would like to run logon scripts under Windows NT 4.0 without showing =
>that stupid DOS-window.  Is there a tool on the market what can can do =
>that job? And how do I install it and let it run? I know that WSH works =
>without showing the DOS-box but to use it as a Logon Script you need =
>first to call a batch-file!!!=20

>------=_NextPart_000_0014_01BEC9DC.EE485B20

><HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Logon Scripts in Windows NT</TITLE>
><META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-1" =
>http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
><META content=3D"MSHTML 5.00.2919.800" name=3DGENERATOR>
><STYLE></STYLE>
></HEAD>
><BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
><DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Look at this knowledge base article. It =
>shows you=20
>the registry entry to set the DOS box to minimised. If the first batch =
>file just=20
>starts another one the logon window is hardly displayed.</FONT></DIV>
><DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
><DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>How to Hide the Logon Script Dialog Box =
>on a=20
>Windows NT Client</FONT></DIV>
><DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
>href=3D"http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q176/1/97.asp">h=
>ttp://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q176/1/97.asp</A></FONT><=
>/DIV>
><BLOCKQUOTE=20
>style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: =
>0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px">

>  =
>href=3D"=">
>... >IV>
>  <P><FONT size=3D2>I would like to run logon scripts under Windows NT =
>4.0 without=20
>  showing that stupid DOS-window.&nbsp; Is there a tool on the market =
>what can=20
>  can do that job? And how do I install it and let it run? I know that =
>WSH works=20
>  without showing the DOS-box but to use it as a Logon Script you need =
>first to=20
>  call a batch-file!!! </FONT></P></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

>------=_NextPart_000_0014_01BEC9DC.EE485B20--

Tue, 25 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problems Installing Windows Script 5.0 and Windows Script Host 2.0 Beta on Windows NT 4.0

2. WSH Script in NT Logon Script

3. Windows scripting host - Checking a service in Windows NT 4

4. Logon Scripts in VB for NT logons

5. Logon Script and NT

6. How do I run a .vbs file a NT logon script

7. Run WSH logon script before NT shell starts?

8. NT 40 Domain Logon Scripts

9. NT logon scripts

10. Sample NT Logon Scripts?

11. Permission Denied in NT 4.0 Logon Script

12. Nt Domain Logon Script using VBScript/WSH