WSH is not working under NT 4.0
Author Message
 WSH is not working under NT 4.0

Please help
I just finish installing the windows scripting host in my NT 4.0
Workstation,
but even after I reboot my system, I still can not run any of the script. I
try to find the file Wscript.shell and it is no where to be found. If you
know any problem with nt installation let me know.

Tomas Polanco
Consultant
Sanpoco Computer Consulting

Sat, 03 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 WSH is not working under NT 4.0
NT4 ships with IE2, have you upgraded to IE3.02 or 4 to get the scripting
engine?
Regards,
Ian Morrish
http://wsh.glazier.co.nz WSH FAQ
http://ils.glazier.co.nz (NetMeeting)
http://www.glazier.co.nz
Quote:

>Please help
>I just finish installing the windows scripting host in my NT 4.0
>Workstation,
>but even after I reboot my system, I still can not run any of the script. I
>try to find the file Wscript.shell and it is no where to be found. If you
>know any problem with nt installation let me know.

>Tomas Polanco
>Consultant
>Sanpoco Computer Consulting

Sun, 04 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 WSH is not working under NT 4.0
That has nothing to do with it -- the 3.0 script engines ship with WSH.

Have you tried a simple script, for instance, a VBScript file with just a
Msgbox call?

There is no file called WScript.Shell -- Shell is a function of the wscript
object.

Eric

Quote:

>NT4 ships with IE2, have you upgraded to IE3.02 or 4 to get the scripting
>engine?
>Regards,
>Ian Morrish
>http://wsh.glazier.co.nz WSH FAQ
>http://ils.glazier.co.nz (NetMeeting)
>http://www.glazier.co.nz

>>Please help
>>I just finish installing the windows scripting host in my NT 4.0
>>Workstation,
>>but even after I reboot my system, I still can not run any of the script.
>>try to find the file Wscript.shell and it is no where to be found. If you
>>know any problem with nt installation let me know.

>>Tomas Polanco
>>Consultant
>>Sanpoco Computer Consulting

Sun, 04 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 WSH is not working under NT 4.0
Please help
I install WSH in my NT 4.0 wkstation with IE 4.0 install and SP 3 for NT
4.0, but everytime I try to run any WSH script I get the following message.
Wscript Error - Windows Scripting Host

below you will find the code inside tomas1.vbs

Call Welcome()
Sub Welcome()
    MsgBox "tomas was here", vbInformation, "tomas"
End Sub

help me please.
Also I can run any vhs with an object instantiated from "Wscript.shell"
thank you in advance

************

Quote:
>That has nothing to do with it -- the 3.0 script engines ship with WSH.

>Have you tried a simple script, for instance, a vbscript file with just a
>Msgbox call?

>There is no file called WScript.Shell -- Shell is a function of the wscript
>object.

>Eric

>>NT4 ships with IE2, have you upgraded to IE3.02 or 4 to get the scripting
>>engine?
>>Regards,
>>Ian Morrish
>>http://wsh.glazier.co.nz WSH FAQ
>>http://ils.glazier.co.nz (NetMeeting)
>>http://www.glazier.co.nz

>>>Please help
>>>I just finish installing the windows scripting host in my NT 4.0
>>>Workstation,
>>>but even after I reboot my system, I still can not run any of the script.
>>>try to find the file Wscript.shell and it is no where to be found. If you
>>>know any problem with nt installation let me know.

>>>Tomas Polanco
>>>Consultant
>>>Sanpoco Computer Consulting

Sun, 04 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 WSH is not working under NT 4.0

This from http://www.winntmag.com/magazine/article.cfm?ArticleID=3530

As it turns out, the problem has nothing to do with JScript and VBScript engines. WSH includes both. The problem is a dependency on urlmon.dll and shlwapi.dllDLLs that WSH does not include (the come with IE3). Urlmon.dll is the OLE 32 Extensions for Win32 DLL that provides support for URL monikers. Shlwapi.dll stands for Shell Lightweight Utility Library, which provides additional URL support.

Both wscript.exe and cscript.exe are linked to urlmon.dll, which is linked to shlwapi.dll. When you execute either WSH execution host, it attempts to load these two libraries whether or not your script uses URLs. You can verify this scenario on a machine that doesnt contain Internet Explorer (IE) or Internet Information Server (IIS) if you type cscript.exe or wscript.exe at a command prompt without a script argument. You can also graphically view the dependency tree using the Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Resource Kit Dependency Walker utility.

Sun, 18 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. WSH works with NT 4.0

2. NT 4.0 does not understand WSH

3. WSH on NT 4.0 Server without IE 4.0 (5.0)

4. WMI and WSH works on Win2000Pro but not NT 4

5. Trying to get old PS printer working from Windows NT 4.0

6. How do I get Shell.Application to work in NT 4.0

7. Security Concerns for implementing WSH in a Windows NT 4.0 environment

8. Running WSH on NT 4.0

9. NT 4.0 Event Log management from WSH

10. Enabling Remote Access for WSH on Windows NT 4.0 SP6

11. WSH 5.6 on NT 4.0 SP4 - GetObject trouble

12. Security Concerns for implementing WSH in a Windows NT 4.0 environment