Class Folder_Class in scripting runtime 5.5.0
Author Message
 Class Folder_Class in scripting runtime 5.5.0

I am using the scripting runtime (scrrun.dll) in
standalone scripts that interact with COM DLLs.  I have
been using the Scripting.Folder interface that came with
version 5.1 of the scripting runtime.  In version
5.5.0.6330, this has been eliminated and replaced with
Scripting.Folder_Class.  Is this change unintentional?
Should I upgrade my clients to version 5.6?

--dudley

Mon, 03 May 2004 01:24:01 GMT
 Class Folder_Class in scripting runtime 5.5.0

Quote:

>I am using the scripting runtime (scrrun.dll) in
>standalone scripts that interact with COM DLLs.  I have
>been using the Scripting.Folder interface that came with
>version 5.1 of the scripting runtime.  In version
>5.5.0.6330, this has been eliminated and replaced with
>Scripting.Folder_Class.  Is this change unintentional?
>Should I upgrade my clients to version 5.6?

Its called broken binary compatibility (BC). They changed the interfaces
in WSH 5.6 so now you will have to recompile your DLLs.

Try it on a test machine. I've heard from several places that its
busted. Certainly, WSHom.ocx has broken BC. If you don't want
to recompile, then don't upgrade.

hth,
Mark Pryor
pgp KeyID: 0x1A966EC5

Quote:

>--dudley

Mon, 03 May 2004 08:09:04 GMT
 Class Folder_Class in scripting runtime 5.5.0

The change was unintentional (aka a bug) and has been fixed in V5.6.

Mike Whalen
Windows Script Dev

Quote:
> I am using the scripting runtime (scrrun.dll) in
> standalone scripts that interact with COM DLLs.  I have
> been using the Scripting.Folder interface that came with
> version 5.1 of the scripting runtime.  In version
> 5.5.0.6330, this has been eliminated and replaced with
> Scripting.Folder_Class.  Is this change unintentional?
> Should I upgrade my clients to version 5.6?

> --dudley

Mon, 03 May 2004 09:46:28 GMT

1. FileSystemObject.Folder_Class

2. WSH 5.5 changes name of Folder to Folder_Class

3. VB script runtime error '800a01a8'

4. Runtime Script error 438

5. Scripting Factory (DEB) runtimes now available

6. Script runtime error

7. VB Script runtime error.

8. relationship between script runtime, VBscript and WSH

9. Microsoft Script Runtime v5.6.0.6626

10. Microsoft Script runtime error '800a0005'

11. MS Scripting Control to Add controls to VB project at runtime

12. VB Script Runtime Error