Q: Read HKLM registry on a remote computer?
Author Message
 Q: Read HKLM registry on a remote computer?

How do you read from HKLM on a remote computer?

I've been using WScript.Shell - RegRead to read running
parameters for a service which runs on the local computer,
but this software must now operate in a distributed way.

Thanks for any tips.

Best regards - Lee Gillie

Fri, 11 Mar 2005 22:44:50 GMT
 Q: Read HKLM registry on a remote computer?

Quote:

> How do you read from HKLM on a remote computer?

> I've been using WScript.Shell - RegRead to read running
> parameters for a service which runs on the local computer,
> but this software must now operate in a distributed way.

> Thanks for any tips.

Hi

If you just want to get the state of a service (running, stopped, disabled etc)
you can use ADSI or psservice.exe in the free PsTools suite from
http://www.sysinternals.com.

If you do need to read HKLM on the remote computer, you can use WMI and its
StdRegProv class for this.

WMI Class StdRegProv:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/wmisdk/wmi/stdregprov.asp

WMI comes default with WMe/W2k/WXP, can be installed on W9x/WNT.

Some examples:

Script Center - Registry
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/registry/default.asp

--
torgeir

Fri, 11 Mar 2005 22:57:03 GMT
 Q: Read HKLM registry on a remote computer?
Thanks much for this reply!!

Best regards - Lee Gillie

Sun, 13 Mar 2005 01:03:38 GMT

1. Q: Read HKLM registry on a remote computer?

2. accessing a registry on a remote computer

3. How can I Read-Write remote registry

4. Read a value in a remote registry

5. WMI remote read registry??

6. Reading registry info from a remote machine

7. Read Remote Registry

8. reading a remote registry

9. Reading Remote Registry

10. reading remote registry