Scriptit limitations
Author Message
 Scriptit limitations

Hi,

I am in the process of automating a very repetitive job.  I chose
Scriptit as it was recommended by our IT guy.

Using Scriptit /reveal the window I'm trying to interact with behaves
as follows:

Window Title: U1 STM-1
Identifying Text: Getting Data

After the data is retrieved.
Window Title: U1 STM-1
No Identifying Text

I want to perform some actions after the Getting data text disappears
and there is nothing there.  Currently the only way I can think of is
:
U1 STM-1+Getting Data=##### delays. however using delays is inaccurate
and I would like a way that was like:
while (U1 STM-1+Getting Data) {
  no operation

Quote:
}

if (u1 STM-1 && !Getting Data) {
  perform my tasks;
Quote:
}

Does anyone have suggestions, maybe another script language etc?

Mon, 27 Sep 2004 15:01:06 GMT
 Scriptit limitations

Quote:

> I am in the process of automating a very repetitive job.  I chose
> Scriptit as it was recommended by our IT guy.

> Using Scriptit /reveal the window I'm trying to interact with behaves
> as follows:

> Window Title: U1 STM-1
> Identifying Text: Getting Data

> After the data is retrieved.
> Window Title: U1 STM-1
> No Identifying Text

> I want to perform some actions after the Getting data text disappears
> and there is nothing there.

Hi

I think you should be able to do this with AutoIT. Here is a script that waits
for title "U1 STM-1" with text "Getting Data" and then loops while it exists. It
will continue when the text "Getting Data" disappears:

SetTitleMatchMode, 2

WinWait, U1 STM-1, Getting Data
label1:
Sleep, 20
IfWinExist, U1 STM-1, Getting Data, Goto, label1

; Do something
Exit

--
torgeir

Mon, 27 Sep 2004 23:20:16 GMT

1. Using ScriptIt to pass a variable -or- VBscript alternative

2. To Scriptit or not???

3. MS ScriptIt Utility and alternative

4. Scriptit experience and problems

5. Scriptit Help

6. Scriptit

7. LIMITATIONS OF POSTSCRIPT INTERPRETER IN MATHEMATICA?

8. VM and operand stack limitations

9. limitations on out parameters

10. Division Height Limitations?

11. RegRead() limitations