Author Message
 Possible to use Python and WSH?

http://www.*-*-*.com/

=-=-=
Steve
-=-=-

Quote:
> Hi:

> I am new to scripting for Windows, but have some experience on the Unix
> side. I've read that WSH can or will be able to host scripts written in
> different languages. Is it possible yet to use python with WSH, and if so
is
> it any more difficult than using Visual Basic or Java, etc?

> Thanks,

> Tom RuBane

Mon, 01 Sep 2003 21:12:41 GMT
 Possible to use Python and WSH?
Hi:

I am new to scripting for Windows, but have some experience on the Unix
side. I've read that WSH can or will be able to host scripts written in
different languages. Is it possible yet to use Python with WSH, and if so is
it any more difficult than using Visual Basic or Java, etc?

Thanks,

Tom RuBane

Mon, 01 Sep 2003 19:32:42 GMT
 Possible to use Python and WSH?

Quote:

> I am new to scripting for Windows, but have some experience on the Unix
> side. I've read that WSH can or will be able to host scripts written in
> different languages. Is it possible yet to use Python with WSH, and if so
is
> it any more difficult than using Visual Basic or Java, etc?

in addition to the ActiveState link, try

http://www.vex.net/parnassus/apyllo.py/990075885.195097684

The sticking point for me, more in relation to Perl than Python, is once the
Perl (Python) engine is installed and the proper registry entries set up for
.pl, .py, etc, I can't see what the WSH offers.

otoh, if  WSH is installed, VBScript and JScript are there for your use. I'm
a C type, so JScript is the most appealing, but one could argue VBScript is
more Pythonesque.

Mon, 01 Sep 2003 21:06:04 GMT

1. Using Python with WSH

2. WSH vs Python

3. KickAgent via wsh/python

4. Disabling TCP/IP Ports using WSH files...Possible?

5. Expose Python library to PerlScript using WSC

6. Calling Ghostscript from Python

7. Postscript converter in Python

8. Possible WSH 5.6 beta update...

9. TCL/Python