easy answer I'm sure, newbie knows nothing
Author Message
 easy answer I'm sure, newbie knows nothing

I'm trying to create a wsh script on my local machine to run/execute an asp
script residing on another server.  I don't know anything about this language
and syntax, any help appreciated.

Mon, 05 Jul 2004 00:15:08 GMT
 easy answer I'm sure, newbie knows nothing
Assuming the ASP page doesn't use frames or iframes...

set http = createobject("microsoft.xmlhttp")
url = "http://someserver/somesite/somepage.asp"
http.open "GET",url,false
http.send

Otherwise...

url = "http://someserver/somesite/somepage.asp"
set ie = createobject("internetexplorer.application")
ie.navigate url
do until ie.readystate = 4 : wscript.sleep 1 : loop

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> I'm trying to create a wsh script on my local machine to run/execute an asp
> script residing on another server.  I don't know anything about this language
> and syntax, any help appreciated.

Mon, 05 Jul 2004 09:05:46 GMT
 easy answer I'm sure, newbie knows nothing
This will result in the execution of an asp script:

Dim Shell : Set Shell = Wscript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
Shell.Run("http://myscript.asp

If you need more control, check out
WScript.CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")

Ingo

Quote:

> I'm trying to create a wsh script on my local machine to run/execute an asp
> script residing on another server.  I don't know anything about this language
> and syntax, any help appreciated.

Mon, 05 Jul 2004 09:17:04 GMT
 easy answer I'm sure, newbie knows nothing
Hi Michael,

Thank you, it works perfectly, exactly what I was looking for.

Cheers.

Quote:

> Assuming the ASP page doesn't use frames or iframes...

> set http = createobject("microsoft.xmlhttp")
> url = "http://someserver/somesite/somepage.asp"
> http.open "GET",url,false
> http.send

> Otherwise...

> url = "http://someserver/somesite/somepage.asp"
> set ie = createobject("internetexplorer.application")
> ie.navigate url
> do until ie.readystate = 4 : wscript.sleep 1 : loop

> --
> Michael Harris
> Microsoft.MVP.Scripting
> --

> > I'm trying to create a wsh script on my local machine to run/execute an asp
> > script residing on another server.  I don't know anything about this language
> > and syntax, any help appreciated.

Mon, 05 Jul 2004 23:09:52 GMT

1. Easy question I'm sure - never written vbscript before

2. Hoping this will be answered quickly (it's easy)

3. Pleeze, pleeze, help a stupid know-nothing-much-about-PostScript

4. Message boxes (easy answer just can see it)

5. Get current logged on user on IIS (sorry, know it has been answered before)

6. silly newbie question i am sure

7. Validating form field to make sure it's a number

8. i know their is an easier way...

9. i know there is an easier way...

10. Incrementing a 'text number' - Easy one

11. I'm sure this must be easy but...

12. VBScript's Nothing in JS and VC++