Automating Installation
Author Message
 Automating Installation

Hi,

I want to install a patch via scripting, the only problem is that there is
no way of turning off a couple of messages that pop up when the patch is
being installed. I do not want the user to see these, and one of them asks
the user to reboot, which I also don't want the user to do (I'm controlling
reboots inside the script itself).

So my question is has anyone any suggestions how I could maybe stop these
messages appearing at all (I guess that's a no) or suggestions on how the
script could wait for these popups and then automatically respond to them,
possibly having to use window titles and sendkeys type functionality ??

Any suggestions appreciated.......

PS It's got to be as clean and safe as possible.

Daud Sweetland

Sun, 02 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Automating Installation
What type of patch are you trying to install? With microsoft products you can
usually supply command line aurguments (/R:N) to suppress reboots, and with
InstallShield based installs you can create a setup.iss by running the setup
with a -R.

Mark Hall

Quote:

> Hi,

> I want to install a patch via scripting, the only problem is that there is
> no way of turning off a couple of messages that pop up when the patch is
> being installed. I do not want the user to see these, and one of them asks
> the user to reboot, which I also don't want the user to do (I'm controlling
> reboots inside the script itself).

> So my question is has anyone any suggestions how I could maybe stop these
> messages appearing at all (I guess that's a no) or suggestions on how the
> script could wait for these popups and then automatically respond to them,
> possibly having to use window titles and sendkeys type functionality ??

> Any suggestions appreciated.......

> PS It's got to be as clean and safe as possible.

> Daud Sweetland

Sun, 02 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. VBS 5.6 Silent, automated installation

2. scripts for Automating Exchange 2000 installation

3. Q: script to automate application installation?

4. Automating WSH Installations

5. automating an installation

6. Automating generic product installation and WSH

7. Automate Component installation

8. scripts for Automating Exchange 2000 installation

9. WSH Installation (Automated/Quiet)

10. automate the installation of visual studio?

11. Anyone using WSH/VBScript to automate package installation on Transaction Server?

12. How can I automate the installation of resource users?