Adding Printers during Logon on Win9x/ME Machines?
Author Message
 Adding Printers during Logon on Win9x/ME Machines?

Is there any way to automate the addition of network Printers to Win9x/ME
Machines using VBScript?

I have found that the both
WshNetwork.AddWindowsPrinterConnection
&
WshNetwork.AddPrinterConnection

Give me the same error when trying to install a "known" printer..

Error: " The printer driver is unknown."
Code: 80070705

I have been able to get "Limited" success from the
WshNetwork.AddPrinterConnection.  I can get it to add a "Ghost" printer
which will work, but it will not show up in the users Printers selection.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.. :)

Thanks.

Fri, 02 Jan 2004 05:03:34 GMT
 Adding Printers during Logon on Win9x/ME Machines?
PrnAdmin is able to add printers remotely from a Win2K machine. It's part of
the Win2K Resource Kit.

Regards, Hans

Quote:

--
Met vriendelijke groet,
Inter Access B.V.

Hans van Straten
Consultant, Group Communication
tel: 06-50238898 / fax: 035-6888552

Mon, 05 Jan 2004 19:18:38 GMT
 Adding Printers during Logon on Win9x/ME Machines?
For Win9x you need the printer driver installed on the
machine.WshNetwork.AddPrinterConnection will not add the printer driver.I am
trying to figure out how to install the drivers using a VBScript.  -Boris-

Quote:
> Is there any way to automate the addition of network Printers to Win9x/ME
> Machines using VBScript?

> I have found that the both
> WshNetwork.AddWindowsPrinterConnection
> &
> WshNetwork.AddPrinterConnection

> Give me the same error when trying to install a "known" printer..

> Error: " The printer driver is unknown."
> Code: 80070705

> I have been able to get "Limited" success from the
> WshNetwork.AddPrinterConnection.  I can get it to add a "Ghost" printer
> which will work, but it will not show up in the users Printers selection.

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.. :)

> Thanks.

Tue, 06 Jan 2004 01:24:09 GMT
 Adding Printers during Logon on Win9x/ME Machines?
Yes, Though I am using standard Windows 9x/ME drivers..

"HP LaserJet 4"

I've installed them manually then deleted them.
Ran my script then I get the Error.  I've checked my spelling and
parameters.
Everything is correct as far as "Microsoft" is concerned.  But I get the
errors.
I know this is a problem with WSH and Scripting as I have seen this in the
past but never saw a solution.

If you already have the printer installed you will get "Printer Alread
Exists" error.

I read somewhere that there was a way to do this from the command line?
Anyone have any suggestions?

Quote:
> For Win9x you need the printer driver installed on the
> machine.WshNetwork.AddPrinterConnection will not add the printer driver.I
am
> trying to figure out how to install the drivers using a VBScript.  -Boris-

> > Is there any way to automate the addition of network Printers to
Win9x/ME
> > Machines using VBScript?

> > I have found that the both
> > WshNetwork.AddWindowsPrinterConnection
> > &
> > WshNetwork.AddPrinterConnection

> > Give me the same error when trying to install a "known" printer..

> > Error: " The printer driver is unknown."
> > Code: 80070705

> > I have been able to get "Limited" success from the
> > WshNetwork.AddPrinterConnection.  I can get it to add a "Ghost" printer
> > which will work, but it will not show up in the users Printers
selection.

> > Any help would be greatly appreciated.. :)

> > Thanks.

Tue, 06 Jan 2004 05:05:05 GMT

1. Logon Script Hanging on Win9x machines

2. How do I add a network printers to win9x

3. Adding IP enabled printer to Win2k machine

4. Creating a Logon Script to add printers

5. Copy printerdrivers and adding printers with wsh2.0 logon script on win95 clients

6. Start Excel on remote Win9x machine?

7. Create Share points on a win9x machine?

8. How to get domains users from Win9x machine

9. Logon script error under Win9x

10. Retrieving IP address (in a VBScript logon script for Win9x users)

11. WSH logon script for win9x

12. UserName in Logon Scripts in Win9x