Remote service pack deployment with remote scripting
Author Message
 Remote service pack deployment with remote scripting

Hello everybody
Is there anyone who knows how to make a  code in a logon script which
will  ask if the client has a SP3 or SP4 and update the client computer
SP5 with out user input, an automatic install type of issue, also how to

make a script that would install selected Microsoft Y2K update
This  would save me alot off work and money I need to upgrade 3000 Nt
clients and 95 client

Please let me Know if anybody can be of assistance

Sun, 14 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Remote service pack deployment with remote scripting
Hi David,

 if you had WBEM on all your machines, I could answer a part of your
question with:

 Set objSystemSet = GetObject("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!//"
& strComputer).InstancesOf("Win32_OperatingSystem")

 For Each objSystem In objSystemSet

  On Error Resume Next
  strCSDVersion = ""
  strCSDVersion = objSystem.CSDVersion
Next

 but don't ask about the rest of your questions....... ;-)

Best regards,
Manfred Braun

(Private)
Lange Roetterstrasse 7
D68167 Mannheim
Germany

(Remove the anti-spam-underscore to mail me!)

Quote:
> Hello everybody
> Is there anyone who knows how to make a  code in a logon script which
> will  ask if the client has a SP3 or SP4 and update the client computer
> SP5 with out user input, an automatic install type of issue, also how to

> make a script that would install selected Microsoft Y2K update
> This  would save me alot off work and money I need to upgrade 3000 Nt
> clients and 95 client

> Please let me Know if anybody can be of assistance

Mon, 15 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Remote service pack deployment with script files

2. 'Remote Scripting Error: Page invoked does not support remote scripting

3. remote Authentication for running a remote wsh script

4. passsing argument to a remote script - with remote WSH

5. WshController: Remote script runs only on local machine not on remote machine

6. Execute remote script on a Remote XP Machine

7. Scripting Office XP Service Pack 2 upgrade.

8. Scripting Service Packs

9. Script to auto-install NT Service Packs

10. Scripting Service Packs

11. Remote access to NT Service Manager

12. dynamic listbox (remote data service)