open directory folder window
Author Message
 open directory folder window

what script commands would I use to open a directory menu

for example I want to make a script that would bring up the folder for

C:\windows\desktop

or

C:\winnt\profiles\all users\desktop\

Fri, 03 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 open directory folder window
You can use the Shell methods to invoke the browser window. Here is a script
which opens two folders:

'************************************************
' File:    Shell1.vbs (WSH sample in VBScript)
' Author:  Gnter Born
' Demonstrates how to access the Windows-Shell
' from a WSH script. We opens a folder window.
'************************************************
Option Explicit

Dim Shell, wsh, Title, path

Title = "WSH sample - by Gnter Born"

'create WSH Shell object
Set wsh = WScript.CreateObject ("WScript.Shell")

path = wsh.ExpandEnvironmentStrings("%windir%")

' create Windows Shell Application object
Set Shell = WScript.CreateObject ("Shell.Application")

' open a folder in the Explorer window
 WScript.Echo "Explorer Windows folder"
 Shell.Explore path

'show folder in a shell window
 WScript.Echo "Open Windows folder \System"
 Shell.Open path + "\System"

WScript.Echo "Ready?"

WScript.Quit()
' End

Have a look into the WSH Bazaar for further samples at:

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Guenter_Born/index0.htm

G. Born

David Marrow schrieb in Nachricht ...

Quote:
>what script commands would I use to open a directory menu

>for example I want to make a script that would bring up the folder for

>C:\windows\desktop

>or

>C:\winnt\profiles\all users\desktop\

Sat, 04 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Create a folder in the windows directory

2. Open folder windows

3. shortcut to open 2 Windows folders?

4. window.open only opens 1 window

5. how do I open the current window again without opening a new window

6. Problem with window opened with window.open method in IE

7. Closing a window that was opened with the window.open method

8. Create new folder in current folder in explorer window

9. Windows 98 clients with windows NT home directory

10. Enumarate folders from root directory

11. Enumarate folders from root directory

12. How to move all Folders in a Directory?